Texas Members

Do any of the austin guys with a big fleet have any parts bikes?

I have a lot of stock parts (perfect seat, tank, fenders, highway pegs, speedo cluster, etc.) that I'm willing to let go for a set of 35mm fork tubes, if anyone's willing to do some wheelin' and dealin'.

I'm looking forward to the meet-up and a ride once my project is complete.

I can't make it this Sunday. Waiting on a throttle sleeve and grips. They are due in on Tuesday. Once they are installed a shake down cruise and hopefully I should be good to go. Keep up the thread for rides and any other pertinent info.

Sweet bikes by the way.

We need to have a serious XS presence at the Rockers Vs. Mods. That gives you 7 weeks to get your shit sorted. Still plan on a ride/meet before that. If your bike wont get you here, load it up and bring the truck or something.

and... another 1975 XS in ATX. Well, it's still in Dallas in my mom's back yard. Was supposed to get the truck to Dallas and load it up, but my wife got sick, so the bike's gonna have to wait.

Once I get it here, it's a battery and oil change, check compression, and get a plan together. A Limey Pamco install and adjustments, rear bushings, a good scrubdown and brake work. Then applying my ideas...

Eventually, it gonna get lowered, better seat, bars, PMA, paint, etc.

I'm a ways off from a ridable bike, but I'm a lot closer than I was az month ago.

Cheers.

QWERTY (Marcus)

attn: ATX XS's,

ATX specific meet-up talk might want to chime in on this other thread, too. I noticed a few austin people have not chimed into this TX thread and might be interested in a bigger XS bike brigade.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10462

while I live in San Antonio, I'd like to make it to an Austin BS sessions once my project is on the road.

In the meantime, if anyone in SA wants to meet up for any wrenching, let me know.

avenue in Southtown SA.

54 inches, I exaggerated -- my "barn finds" are more like "open field" finds -- they are pretty rough. Yes, I would be willing to sell you one, but be aware that the instant that an XS650 enters the Austin city limits that it doubles in value. In my opinion, Austin has the most inflated vintage bike prices of anywhere in the country.

Understood. Well, I want an XS but I am prepared to wait for the right bike at the right price.

I really do not want to cut up a good bike, rather take on a basket case or someone else's project that is fairly complete, just ran out of money or interest.

I am wanting to build either a hardtail stretched drop seat kick only or a soft tail trike.

I am not going to spend stupid money just because Austinintes thinks their bikes are gold. :laugh:

Send me some photos and let's talk brother!

3bikes.jpg

GoldToothGarage, 1981; DogBunny, 1976; xjwmx, 1981.
This picture needs to be expanded to 10, 20, 100 Central Texas XS650s in a row.

GoldTooth, if you set up some kind of a calender, there are some Central Texas bike events that need to go on it:

Harvest Classic, Luckenbach.
This is the Super Bowl for vintage bikes. We need to have a strong presence here. You can just come and go on Saturday, but I always come on Friday, camp out, and leave on Sunday.

Rot Rally. Don't let the Harleys scare you away. Everyone should go to a huge rally like ROT at least once in their life. We need a strong presence here too.

The Lonestar Rod & Kustom Round Up, Austin. This is a hot rod show, and it has two parts. The first is at the Exposition Center. If you don't like cool cars, you can skip it. The second part is on SoCo on Friday and Saturday night. It is a very cool, "Boulevard Nights" type of scene. We need to hit the boulevard in force.

Rockers vs Mods. This will be a first-time event in Austin, but they seem to know what they are doing in other cities, and they got the locations on the schedule right...

Vintage Bike Night at the Draught House.
Every Monday. I don't go much when the weather is cold and the days are short, but otherwise, I always try to make it. When you finish your build, show it off here.

54inches -- I will try to get you some pics of available bikes.

I see ol' Trigger hidin behind the Bug Killer.

What do y'all think of my crazy idea in the other Austin thread? Get a email list of say twenty guys to start, and then in alphabetical order each one chooses a meeting place and time for that week. A couple of the reasons I like it is because there would be a lot of variety and it would give everybody a better chance of making it to at least some because of the varying times, proximity, interests, and so on.

Nice Looking Bikes! I agree with DogBunny 100 Percent. I am always down to ride with other XS650s. I have a few buddies that Ride them as well and enjoy "mobbing" up. We need a solid Monthly meet.

3bikes2.jpg

XS771 1981; DogBunny, 1982; GoldToothGarage, 198?.
From yesterday's tatoo convention ride. XS771's bike is cherry, he bought it recently with only 1,300 miles on it, and it had been stored properly. GoldToothGarage's is a street tracker project, will have to get a better pic of it.

Hooters reppin. Nice Bike XS771! Good meeting you, as well. I constantly see large groups of super motos, crotch rockets, and other junk riding around together. I have no idea why there is not a XS specific group in town. We need to be more organized and build a group for weekly or monthly meets/ rides. The XS650 scene in Austin is growing, lets make this happen.

Back