Texas Members

Any of you guys actually have to replace a lost title?
Should be a piece of cake. All you should need is your driver's license, the vin and a modest fee. That's if you lost your title. If you never had a title, or you had one but never bothered to register it in your name, and then you lost it, well, that's a whole 'nother matter...

If you bought a bike with no title, a bonded title will be your only option. It's a pain in the ass. Lost title is 5.00 re-issue fee and 2-3 weeks for it to arrive. If the previous owner lost the title, PAY HIM to get a replacement to sign over to you. Much easier. Also, for you guys that do maintenance, the mechanic's lien process has changed. You cannot file a mechanic's lien without a work order with the charges in dispute printed clearly on it, and signed by the title holder of the machine, so cover your ass with paper out there! If you have findings that change the charges, have them come back and sign the revised estimate. Another pain in the ass, but it's what you have to work with nowadays. Vocal authorizations don't count in court, neither does text.

Hey don't have time to read the post tonight just wanted to introduce myself I'm in azle just outside FTW.just got my first street bike and lost it then got it back all this weekend it's been hell I had just welded the hardtail on and got my wheels powder coated maybe u saw my other threads wife sell bike or 73 to 81 swap

If you bought a bike with no title, a bonded title will be your only option. It's a pain in the ass. Lost title is 5.00 re-issue fee and 2-3 weeks for it to arrive. If the previous owner lost the title, PAY HIM to get a replacement to sign over to you. Much easier.

I did not think about that.....yes, previous owner lost the title.....

Howdy from the booming metropolis of Sweeny, Texas!

New to XS's, new to forums, looking for a bike. I've also been building custom gunleather for years and would like to get into building hand-tooled motorcycle seats. At some point when I get a bike to work on, I'd be willing to swap leather for services or parts.

Here's my intro thread http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30301

Thanks! But I should have been more specific...looking for a titled runner so I have something to ride whilst collecting parts for my build. I've seen a few projects or untitled bikes for sale, but no running stock bikes.

Yeah... My wife (from Michigan) says I talk funny... Apparently I type funny, too. I used to go to a cowboy shoot every year at a ranch outside Fredricksburg... Nice town...

Actually, Two Many, it was at Steiler Ranch, between Fredericksburg and Comfort. But I just Googled Tin Star, and I'm going to have to check it out.

Thanks, 54inches, right now I'm talking to a guy in Michigan who lives near my inlaws that has one for $800.... I'd prefer local, but it's pretty much exactly what I want...

Oh, yeah, last year's Harvest Classic was fantastic!

Attachments

• 20121020_134226.jpg
    20121020_134226.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20121020_122736.jpg
    20121020_122736.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 171
  • 20121020_135611.jpg
    20121020_135611.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 161
Back