The Mona Lisa Phenomenon

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this experience?
After a few beers, you amble into the garage, and have this sense that the bikes are looking at you,
and in fact are following you ?
....maybe it was the beer I was drinking (Founders All Day IPA) ....

EBAY.5 006.JPG

Or buy a couple more and park them facing the other way.
OK, so I took your advice.
I bought 2 more, and parked them on the table with the label facing away from me. And drank them.
This only made matters worse. Now the bikes look like the insect monsters from the 1954 Sci-Fi film, "Them !", with yellow turn signal stalk-antenna things.

tumblr_nq9qz5AfXB1ti67m2o2_1280.jpg

Now, if Matt Dillon of Fess Parker show up, just start yelling "...Make me a sergeant! Charge me the booze!...". Come to think of it, at night, after it rains, those tree frogs and spring peepers sound like... THEM!
:lmao:
Just goes to show ya that strange things happen in The Lounge.

Banner%2B-%2BFear%2Band%2BLoathing.jpg

Yamadude, have you got a group photo of all your bikes? You know , like rolled out on the driveway on a nice sunny day all lined up? I would love to see that collection. A guy can dream can't he?
Btw, oddly enough, one of the bikes I find most interesting is your Kawasaki F11 250 enduro, just because you never see them and I spent a lot of my mis spent youth riding a Yamaha DT250.

Yamadude, have you got a group photo of all your bikes? You know , like rolled out on the driveway on a nice sunny day all lined up? I would love to see that collection. A guy can dream can't he?
Btw, oddly enough, one of the bikes I find most interesting is your Kawasaki F11 250 enduro, just because you never see them and I spent a lot of my mis spent youth riding a Yamaha DT250.
OMG !! a DT250. One of my dream bikes. I do keep an eye out for one, but the sellers always want a fortune for them.
I'll see about that photo.....unfortunatly, the '69 Bonneville is in the living room, a staircase away from the outdoors....

Never have done a group photo; it was fun and easy, until suddenly everything went dark, looked up, and an angry storm had moved in.
Mad dash for the garage.
SO, these are the accessible bikes.
As Pete mentioned, bachelorhood has allowed the Bonney to occupy the living room, the RD350 is deep in the Inner Sanctum (winter workshop), and the barn-find '81 XS650 and TY250 are out back in the shed/barn.

Group.pic 009.JPG

....and we now have absolute confirmation that the 'dude is indeed, a bachelor....!
Pete,
I propose a sociological/marital experiment; it will be fun, I assure you : wheel one of the bikes into your living room, and say nothing as your wife returns home and finds it there. Act VERY nonchalant. Record the findings. She just might surprise you !

That's a very nice group of bikes you have. Thanks for the photo. Love your Bonneville too.

Record the findings. She just might surprise you !

....that's what I'm afraid of Jeff. She is a red-head. Yikes!

....and halfmile, those pictures of the two attractive young women on the wall of your workshop are....quite absorbing. Are they sisters? ;)

Pete. Not sisters but the top pic definitely has a pair of identical twins!!!

Nice group photo there, YamadudeXS650C.
I guess the lines blur between "collection", "museum", and "dealership".

... a sociological/marital experiment...

If you survive that, I propose a followup experiment:

Place a set of cylinders in the oven.
Act VERY nonchalant. Record the findings.
Endure the aftermath.
Then, crawl to the ER.
(Well, my experience anyway...)

Back