You rode today? Where?

Saskatoon's main streets are dry and it's ~ 8ºC but the side streets are still full of frozen rutted snow.
My XS650 still needs it's carbs cleaned and my son's XS650 ain't actually been ridden anywhere yet but he did push it out of my back shed so it's under a cover in our back yard, much to his mother's annoyance. I did tell him to push it around to the side of the house where she wouldn't see it but did he listen?
Still, although Spring in SK is just a coiled metal thing, it's gotta melt soon, eh?

Seems like we have a lot less snow. Rode the 400 around for half hour yesterday. Did some field riding by my house through some ankle deep rivers. Pretty mushy in some spots. But fun. Really need some shorter gearing for slow off road mucking around.

Posted via Mobile

I've been riding more now that the weather is warmer in the morning. I rode to work today, will be around 60 miles total, plus I picked up a new helmet. Got a Biltwell 3/4. I've beem trying to clean up an oil leak that seems to not want to go away.. Its annoying as hell.

It's been getting into the upper 80s the weekend.
Yesterday I road east sat near the river for awhile then road back.
getting ready for another ride today.

Hey Carbon---I want Travis to ban you from this thread. lol tim

I will be heading to the Central California Coast for a brother visit.two hour drive. weather has been in upper 80's.

Hey Tim don't make me start a :who road today just to tease Tim Beck: thread :laugh:
Hey Brother your weather will be coming around soon. Hang in there Man.
I just went for a short ride around the hood 1500 to 6000 rpm and up to 80 mph
the she ran great. :thumbsup:
getting ready to button up the open covers and go for the first long ride with the
Pamco 277° with Electronic advance Prototype Ignition.

Hey Carbon---I glad to hear your 277 with the Pamco/eadvancer is running great, good for you and Pete. It's 22 degrees and gusts of 20 mph, the beginning of Spring be damned. not much melting going on. I finally got in my shed yesterday to look around and touch the bike. making a small holder for a new volt meter.

Just returned from Central California Coast. 250 miles and the 78' ran perfect. Had nice visit with my brother. Nice lunch and a very pleasant ride home. 52 mpg on the VM34's. I have not changed to the ex500 carbs as of yet. I love my bike.

Went for a 100 mile ride in the mountains. Nice twisties. I sure am pleased how my bike's suspension is set-up for mountain riding. Front suspension is very firm as well is the rear. It handles great. I don't ride like I did in my younger days due to declined reflexes and poorer vision. With the spirited riding I still was over 50 MPG with these vm34's.

was doing bodywork on my tank today but it was actually nice out to i said fuck it and went for my first ride of the season
006_zpsclciyccg.jpg

the snow hasnt been off the roads up here in fort st john very long as you can see buy all the snow in the ditches

To celebrate my friend Carl's new-to-him Triumph Bonneville and my well-running 37yo Yamaha XS650 we decided to quickly establish a new club and meet halfway to work out bylaws and other details. Carl headed west from Spokane and I rode east from Seattle and with no more coordination than "I'll see you at noon", we arrived at our destination in Moxee nearly to the second of each other. What organization! What riding skill! What luck! I predict a great future for this new group.

Carl and I caught up on family, friends, and our health while waiting for our grilled ham and cheese sandwiches to finally show. The iced tea was prompt, tho.

Carl covered about 400 miles and I did about 380. I don't believe I have ever crossed the Cascades on a moto so early in the year. Good times!

moxee1.jpg

- Looking back toward Ellensburg from the Manashtash Ridge overlook. Sunshine!

Carl.jpg

- Charming Gentleman #1 Riding a Vertical Twin

Phil.jpg

- Charming Gentleman #2 Riding a Vertical Twin

moxee2.jpg

- Big rocks overlooking US 12 near Hwy 410

moxee3.jpg

- The 37yo XS650 resting in front of even older Rimrock Lake and the Cascade Mountains

moxee4.jpg

- Taking a break in Morton before braving Puget Sound traffic

Are you a charming gentleman or gentlewoman riding a vertical twin? Apply now for your membership. Those low member numbers are going fast!

Took a ride in the twisties to Ojai about 170 mile round trip. I did not go for mpg this time but still averaged 51 miles per gallon. Not bad for a spirited ride. I will take it any day. Ride them and be safe. Tonyc

Did some mountain twisties and rode to California Valley then back way to highway 46 meets 41. This where James Dean was t-boned. 202 miles 3.4 gallons. I am glad I had the
EX500 carbs because I brought the wrong set of keys and no gas key. Bike performed perfect. Love these carbs.

Road up to Bradenton and visited my oldest Son and Grandson. 190 miles round trip took just 3.8 us gallons
I figure that's 50mpg :thumbsup::D :thumbsup: btw that was on my crusier

The Bluebonnets have already gone to seed.

But, we've got a bumper crop of "Mexican Hats".
View attachment 54217
Those quickly turned into my favorite flower when I was down there. I knew them as "Indian Blankets". We don't have them. I think they take a longer growing season than we have.

Here's a vacant lot full of them.
DSCI1107.JPG

Some more flowers down there.
don't know name.jpg

DSCI1120.JPG

DSCI1123.JPG

DSCI1145.JPG

Ever order a "chameleon" by mail when you were a little kid?

DSCI1176.JPG

Last edited:
Back