19" Front Wheel off xs750,850,1100

ryno

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will at 19" front wheel off an xs750,850,1100 fit on my 650? Would I need to mod anything, spacers etc...?
I went the junkyard today and it seemed all the 19" 36 spoke front wheels were already picked through clean.:(

Didn't the XS1100 have a spoke wheel on some years? I think they did them like the XS650. Standards got spokes, Specials got mags. I may be wrong on this. If you go to www.yamaha-motor.com I think thats the web site. Using a different computer for awhile and I don't have all my favorites on this one. Modem quit.
Leo

I don't think there is a spoke XS11 the XS11 group talks about swapping in XS650 fronts to get spokes!!

I just did a bit of checking. I was wrong. The standards and specials had mags like the XS650. They made an L version that used a mag with curved spokes. 80 and 81.
Leo

Sorry if I seem dumb. I am mostly a motocross guy trying to tackle this bobber mod I got myself into, hah.:umm:
Not much experience with old motorcycles. So digging through the bone yard of bikes today, not much left of them to tell what is what. Not sure what I was looking at then, I just assumed they were xs750-1100 because the frames and forks looked similar and they were located in the "Yamaha" section.
Trying to do this as simple as possible, where can I find a 19" front 36 spoke wheel that will bolt on to my 650 setup?
Did I just strike on on bad luck not finding any xs650s there with 36 spoke wheels? Or are they really that hard to find?

Thanks guys.

*Leo - Are you just outside Albany? Like Lebanon Valley Speedway? I'm originally from Albany, moved to Phoenix about 6 months ago. :)

ryno, no, I live a few hours west of Albany. Go west to Utica, take route 12 south about 30-35 miles and Shereburne then about 10 miles north on 12A to Earlville and turn left and Lebanon is about 5 miles out.
The town is small enough they took the post office away and we get our mail from Earlville. Our phone numbers are Georgetown numbers.
We have a church that gets used every fourth week. The preacher does a circuit around a bunch of the small towns.
On the wheels you can put an ad in the parts wanted section of this and other XS650 sites. You can shop Ebay, Craigslist.
Leo

Back