1972 xs650 carb problem, what is this piece and where can I find replacement

Herndon18

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
My 72 is almost on the road but my connector here isn't long enough to hook my hose to. This is the piece I need if anyone knows what it's called or where I can find a replacement I would appreciate it. Thanks

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 20150519_131214.jpg
    20150519_131214.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 89
What is the picture telling me. I don't see anything missing. Up near the top of the carb is a short hose nipple. This is a vent for the float bowl In stock form it had a short piece of clear hose on it. The hose ran down to about even with the float bowl.
On one of the rrear float bowl mount screws was a piece that had a loop on it. The left hose ran through the loop on the right carb, right to left.
The larger hole lower on the carb is the crossover to the other carb for the enrichener. The enrichener was just on one carb and used the crossoever to feed both carbs.
Leo

Ok That's the fuel crossover The fuel inlet hose attaches to the carb body as you have it. The fuel can freely pass from left to right using this crossover. It does look like yours is broken. There should be a hose barb pointing down.
You can turn just one petcock on and still feed both carbs.
Getting a plastic replace ment, I can'y say where you would find one. You might try pulling out the bad one, taking it to a hardware store and finding a 90 elbox, I'd try to find a brass one, one that has the same size fitting on the carb side.
Then clean the carb body ver well. Use a fuel resistant epoxy to "glue" the brass barb into the carb body.
Do both sides. Now you can attach a hose between these new barb. The stock hose had a wire spring wrapped around it and was5 or 6 inches long.
Hung down from one barb then bent back up to the other.
Leo

Back