For Sale - 1980 XS650G Special Two

madmax-im

Yamaha...Go your own way...
Top Contributor
Reaction score
No love...btw..I will.be retiring from motorcyles as my arthralgia and general health decline. I'm just not comfortable anymore...and it has become too difficult to continue with riding. I still have my ST1100 and that will go up on the block in the Spring...im.going to sink.my money into my Volvo...

Last edited:
Sorry about your health problems. What Volvo do you have? I've always liked the looks. I owned an early 90s 940 for about 3 weeks. It needed a head gasket. My wife sold it to some random guy who knocked on the door.

Thanks..Last year for the rear wheel drives...1997-98 S90 which was the last designation of the 960 line...As for the bike I would really love for someone here to take it..I am actually more concerned about who can buy it than i am about how much money i get from it... The bike needs someone who can work on it aand is knowledeable ont them ..So my price for someone here is $2750...Thats basically my bottom line...Its a good bike but I can no longer pull the clutch lever...

Last edited:
That’s a great deal, it would make a great bike for anyone! Good luck with your sale. I’m sorry to hear that your riding days are winding down, but completely understand. I think a lot of us here are struggling with physical limitations and advancing age.

Bike looks nice, sorry about time catching up with you. It is happening to me also which is why I bought an XS recently so I don't sit in a recliner in a few, hopefully more than few years, years, and say "I wish I would have done..." Scooters can still be fun if that riding has an appeal. I met 2 elderly and frail brothers years ago enjoying leisurely rides through my rural neighbor hood.

BTW, having seen Ben's bike up close and personal, I'd say it's a nice one.
upload_2021-11-23_11-32-31.png

I'm sorry you have to give it up, Ben.

Back