2-1 with lectron carb

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
is any one using joe wiseguys 2-1 carb manifold for left hand side of bike..its the enforcer.... or something simmilar , .its the one facing forward ,just after ideas on throttle cable locations with xs650 tank ,have emailed him but he seems fairly busy with moving etc so no reply

Read my posts about it. I haven't got one to idle well enough with a single carb that I'd recommend it. Fuel pooling is definetely an issue. It was a single vm34. But I doubt a lectron will act any different.

No worries. I figured you were telling him, just wanted you to know I've read your replies to my question.

sorry should have clarified more ,already have the lectron carb and manifold ,just after ideas on cable roulting as the carbs on left hand side and almost 1/2 way along original tank which is not sitting up high like chopper style tanks (don't want cable sticking up in the air or rubbing on tank) .part of cdn probs may be using vm34s as most use the vm36s on 2-1 set or or lectron

Since we are talking about this and sorry if this is a hijack, has anyone used a BS 38 for a 2 into 1 manifold? And did it work or is that not compatible?

I doubt 34 to 36 would make a difference.. Long intake tube that stays colder on one side was definetely the problem. I think that without a centered carb it's just a mediocre set up. I can't even imagine how awful those enforcer ones run. I'd love to have a single carb. Maybe a spare frame one day and some custom work might be in order.

well , once fitted and used will let you know how it goes if no good will just buy another lectron and jet/rod to them to suit (run 2 carbs) ,but a mate has forward single carb set up on his Harley and swears by it which is intresting as hes 2 Harleys same models 1 standard and 1 with single carb ,his single is mounted on right hand side which makes roulting the cables easy,im after info for running/roulting info on the l/h side ,no offence but a lot of debate over 2-1 has been done many times ,I'm just willing to give it a try

Harleys from the factory are single carb until efi was fitted. They also have a far more even intake tract and looong stroke. Harleys use a keihin cvk40 stock...Evo and up I should say. Same carb as a klr650. I have seen some pretty trick dual mikuni vm setups on shovels and iron heads.

Edit. I see you mean forward facing.

Back