2010 Vyrus 987 C3 4V

ridethroughlife

xs650 rookie
Reaction score
This bike is astounding on many levels. The supercharged [Volumex supercharger] Ducati power plant, the fact that it's the lightest and most powerful [211 horsepower, 341 pounds with fluid] motorcycle of its class and the very radical steering system [Omega frame and hub-centered steering] takes this bike to a level of its own.

What I'm concerned with mostly in this post is the steering. I've been thinking about a front swingarm XS for a good long while and for some reason I just cannot figure out the steering. This bike is amazing in the fact that someone has ironed out the details for me. What I don't know though is how it actually works. From the 20+ pictures of the bike I've seen I've sort of pieced together in my mind the steering. It has to main stabilizer shafts and an extra one on the right side to make the front wheel turn. As far as I've been able to find, there isn't any video of it moving, nor are there any front-oriented pictures of the front swingarm.

Can anyone help me out? I need a visual! :confused:
I'd love to build this kind of system for myself. With what seems like only a handful of parts, this would make an amazing feature on my bike!

Back