2024 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Which XS650s would you like to see in the 2024 XS650 Calendar?

• sparky4123 (red bike)

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • lewisjohn

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Kevin Werner

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Lucky Phil

• Catweazle

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • desmoman900

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Xsvirgin

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • dinkster

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Maestro

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bobxs650

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • chippywhite

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • NeopolitanSliceCream

• Ahmed Taleb

• Paleomechanic

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Einsamer Wolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wingedwheel

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • OgDog_chopchop_shop

• Heath Hash

• Barnabiker

• 13R

• Wenick Motor Company

• TellyTubby (bike 1)

• Doctari

• Hard 90

• NDSinTX

• lassieAU

• Flash1977

• XS650man

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • captainhighway

• sparky4123 (orange bike)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Markangels4

• 5twins

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Jose l coria

• Mikey

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • TellyTubby (bike 2)

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's sad when only 25 or so members took the time to vote. A self nominator didn't even cast a vote for his bike...😂
What’s really sad was everyone that contributes nothing to the site jumping on the calendar thread and then(wait for it) contributing nothing again!

What’s really sad was everyone that contributes nothing to the site jumping on the calendar thread and then(wait for it) contributing nothing again!
And how the hell do they find out about it ?

Your right one finds out and it spreads
One of the self nominators had their bike on FB for sale,
I lost the link but I believe that a bike that's in a calendar might fetch a better price or at least more lookers
Edit: You know if you want in and get in, stay for awhile it's not half bad here

And how the hell do they find out about it ?
Every one is a member. A couple had never made a post, one posted pics in an album and never a post. One person has been a member since 2014 and just now has made their first post/thread lamenting about missing a self nomination.

It's a shame but a how many times has a member posted after a build, then years later, they post for whatever reason, stating, they couldn't have done it without the site. These people have used the resources and that says a lot about those who have contributed to tech information.

Better those, knowing you have contributed to a build somehow than those who contribute to baldness when having to spoon feed them mashed veges only to have them spit it out...........100 pages later🤣

Congratulations to the top 12 and the 5 others!

I'll post a voting thread on Monday for the 5 to decide the 13th place and runners up (to be on standby).

I'm out of town for a family emergency, so I didn't get a chance to promote the voting phase like I have in years past. I did send out a big email to get the nominations coming in quickly. At least this way, it is the regulars who got to decide which bikes made the calendar.

As for myself, I don't care. Some people aren't comfortable with social media. This is a great resource and people are going to use it. If it sells a few calendars, so much the better. Some of the silent folks put up a bike that I may want to look at for a month. You're free to vote your favorites, no matter your criteria. I like it.

It's sad when only 25 or so members took the time to vote. A self nominator didn't even cast a vote for his bike...😂
You know what was sadder.

Might have been the second calendar, the winner with the most votes didn't respond to repeated requests for photos and dragged out the production of the calendar for at least 2 or 3 weeks and then longer as a runner up didn't get photos of his bike,( just in case), so production was delayed for another couple of weeks.

Samoran1 does, (and has done), way more than he has been given credit for. A lot of work goes into organising those who have had the privilege to get into the calendar.

How many of you guys who have just missed out, actually have, or made sure you have a set of pics, just in case someone who gets into the calendar drops out, without Samoran1 having to chase you/them up and dragging out production.

Might have been the second calendar, the winner with the most votes didn't respond to repeated requests for photos and dragged out the production of the calendar for at least 2 or 3 weeks and then longer as a runner up didn't get photos of his bike,( just in case), so production was delayed for another couple of weeks.
That’s why yesterday we had a pretty decent day and after I took care of my wifey errands I rode over to the lake and took some pics. This time of year here sadly enougho_O you just don’t know when you’ll see the sun again.

I nominated Walter our Biker dog. 😎 🐺

Seriously, i don't think the guys self nomination was serious. Been a member for 10 years without a post then he nominated his dog:lmao:Don't think it was a serious nomination. ..............Didn't matter but, why was a dog even included in the voting line up.

Anyone good at photoshop? Sorry Dad i might have blackmail material 🤣
Photoshop this, it will hide the speedo...
20230918_103917[1].jpg

Last edited:
Kevin you put a lot of work and thought into that bike. You truly deserved being voted top bike and kudos to everyone else that made the Calendar. Nothing special about mine except it’s old but a lot of the other bikes were crazy cool!

Kevin you put a lot of work and thought into that bike. You truly deserved being voted top bike and kudos to everyone else that made the Calendar. Nothing special about mine except it’s old but a lot of the other bikes were crazy cool!
Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. After developing my 750 kitted Tracker I wanted to experience a stock XS650 and I wanted a retro feeling, because XS650s are retro. Funny enough, I chatted with @Jim about a deep maroon late 60s Yamaha color choice. He said "If you go Candy Apple Red from the 72 XS, I have it on the shelf and you save a few $". I was at the painted fender retro stage and thought that XS connection would be cool. Jim's feet were not doing well at this point and I felt a little guilty. Then in his thread I see he has 2 or 3 other paint projects running parallel so I felt better. I did a rattle can spray of the frame tubes which came out nice, the other shiny bits stand out from the frame so it remains visually unnoticed in the background. Same with the grey peg carriers, you see those and not the frame behind them so much. If you look at the mufflers, chrome, you don't notice the stock hangers sprayed black to dissappear in the background. Your eyes see a lovely XS650 motor, subdued retro paint scheme and lovely Commando muffs. To me, a near perfect bike for my garage and riding preferences. The brake, fork and shock upgrades have tailored this bike very much to what I want in a daily rider.

Guilty as charged... I logged on tonight with the intention of voting, oblivious of the deadline. My votes would not have changed the outcome, as those that did make the cut would have been those that I would have voted for. Congratulations to all of you!

... Seriously, i don't think the guys self nomination was serious. Been a member for 10 years without a post then he nominated his dog:lmao:Don't think it was a serious nomination. ..............Didn't matter but, why was a dog even included in the voting line up.
I didn't think it was very serious either, but I thought what the hell, just include it, it doesn't really hurt anything with the ability to vote for as many bikes as you want. I also thought he might post more serious pictures of his bike in the voting thread, and actually try to get some votes, and knew that if he didn't it wouldn't make the calendar.

Hi every one
I believe I'm guilty of missing the vote, apologies if I offended but life just gets out of hand busy sometimes.
I incredibly great full for this site, for the way some of you guys have sheared excellent info for all with an interest these great machines.
Thanks must go to the guys who make this at all possible.
And thanks for the votes.

Attachments

• nice 2.jpg
    nice 2.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 46
  • nice 3.jpg
    nice 3.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 47
  • nice 5 (2).jpg
    nice 5 (2).jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 46
  • nice 6.jpg
    nice 6.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 51
Congratulations to the top 12 and the 5 others!

I'll post a voting thread on Monday for the 5 to decide the 13th place and runners up (to be on standby).

I'm out of town for a family emergency, so I didn't get a chance to promote the voting phase like I have in years past. I did send out a big email to get the nominations coming in quickly. At least this way, it is the regulars who got to decide which bikes made the calendar.
First time on the calendar so I need some guidance here. You need more photos of the bike? Any criteria that I need follow?

Back