2024 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Which XS650s would you like to see in the 2024 XS650 Calendar?

• sparky4123 (red bike)

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • lewisjohn

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Kevin Werner

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Lucky Phil

• Catweazle

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • desmoman900

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Xsvirgin

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • dinkster

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Maestro

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bobxs650

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • chippywhite

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • NeopolitanSliceCream

• Ahmed Taleb

• Paleomechanic

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Einsamer Wolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wingedwheel

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • OgDog_chopchop_shop

• Heath Hash

• Barnabiker

• 13R

• Wenick Motor Company

• TellyTubby (bike 1)

• Doctari

• Hard 90

• NDSinTX

• lassieAU

• Flash1977

• XS650man

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • captainhighway

• sparky4123 (orange bike)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Markangels4

• 5twins

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Jose l coria

• Mikey

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • TellyTubby (bike 2)

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's sad when only 25 or so members took the time to vote. A self nominator didn't even cast a vote for his bike...😂
I completely missed the nominations and voting last year as I didn’t receive a notification via my email. Could be the reason we only get a few people voting as no one heard it was up on the site. I just happened to check this year at the time the nomination thread was posted otherwise I would not have heard again and missed a chance to get my bike up there. Is there a way to send a message to all members via their personal email?

I completely missed the nominations and voting last year as I didn’t receive a notification via my email. Could be the reason we only get a few people voting as no one heard it was up on the site. I just happened to check this year at the time the nomination thread was posted otherwise I would not have heard again and missed a chance to get my bike up there. Is there a way to send a message to all members via their personal email?

Look at it this way. Most of the 33 entries were self nominations. .............Only 36 people voted. ........If all the nominations/entries used their vote,that leaves 3 people who didn't have a bike in there who voted........................Not likely. ....................What happened was probably, 1/2 of the owners who self nominated, actually voted.

Is there a way to send a message to all members via their personal email?
I sent a mass email to users on 9/28 regarding nominations. Users who opt to not receive email from the site won't receive it. Check your spam or junk folder for an email on 9/28 from admin@xs650.com

I mentioned in a previous post that I didn't promote the voting thread like I normally do:
I'm out of town for a family emergency, so I didn't get a chance to promote the voting phase like I have in years past. I did send out a big email to get the nominations coming in quickly. At least this way, it is the regulars who got to decide which bikes made the calendar.

I voted for 12 motorcycles. I used various criteria. I voted for people I know live and in person. Those are folks at the highest participation level according to me. I voted for my friends. I voted for bikes I like as far as execution of a custom whether I want it my garage or not. I voted for bikes that I want to look at for a month in my home office whether I know you or not.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. After developing my 750 kitted Tracker I wanted to experience a stock XS650 and I wanted a retro feeling, because XS650s are retro. Funny enough, I chatted with @Jim about a deep maroon late 60s Yamaha color choice. He said "If you go Candy Apple Red from the 72 XS, I have it on the shelf and you save a few $". I was at the painted fender retro stage and thought that XS connection would be cool. Jim's feet were not doing well at this point and I felt a little guilty. Then in his thread I see he has 2 or 3 other paint projects running parallel so I felt better. I did a rattle can spray of the frame tubes which came out nice, the other shiny bits stand out from the frame so it remains visually unnoticed in the background. Same with the grey peg carriers, you see those and not the frame behind them so much. If you look at the mufflers, chrome, you don't notice the stock hangers sprayed black to dissappear in the background. Your eyes see a lovely XS650 motor, subdued retro paint scheme and lovely Commando muffs. To me, a near perfect bike for my garage and riding preferences. The brake, fork and shock upgrades have tailored this bike very much to what I want in a daily rider.
I have made some comments in this thread, some tongue in cheek (speedo) but I realized I did not thank everyone who participated, every one who bothered to vote and everyone who thought my bike worthy and voted for the Red Bike. I previously explained that bike and I am flattered so many found the bike worthy of the Calendar. Anyone can search "It's time to start a winter project , Red Bike" and see that scores of members here contributed aid, ideas, parts, information and explanations or links for most steps of this project. An XS650 is an elemental motorcycle, good looking motor, simple design around the motor. A generic 60s early 70s motorcycle. I wanted to achieve that simplicity and that seems to resonate with many members here. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Few people voted because we used to have a two-week voting period, and I would promote the voting thread with banners, notices, emails, and Facebook. The last year or two we had a shorter voting period, but I made up for it with a larger email blast. This year, we also only had a one-week voting period, and I planned on promoting it but didn't due to a family emergency. Overall traffic is actually up compared to this time last year.

Few people voted because we used to have a two-week voting period, and I would promote the voting thread with banners, notices, emails, and Facebook. The last year or two we had a shorter voting period, but I made up for it with a larger email blast. This year, we also only had a one-week voting period, and I planned on promoting it but didn't due to a family emergency. Overall traffic is actually up compared to this time last year.
We are all sorry you had to endure an emergency. Best wishes.

Just finished my xs650 build! looks like i may have missed the submission mark though

xs650-4.jpg
xs650-5.jpg
xs650-2.jpg

Back