Alternator modification by ungrounding the brush and using a solid state regulator/rectifier.

Hi all its been a long while hope you are all good .
I have a pamco electronic ignition and the pamco electronic advance along with the high voltage coil pack and leads I fitted a solid state Reg/Rec some years ago but have not used the Nylon screws my bike is a 1981 XS 650 special II 3L1 engine. is it correct that I have not used the Nylon screws or do I need to fit them.
All the best Funky

I would say no. If you needed them and the reg/rec wasn't working correctly, something would have burned up years ago shortly after fitting it.

I have an 81 Engine with TCI in my 75 frame and the voltage regulator was overcharging so I fitted the Dodge Automotive regulator and did not need the nylon screw mod

I have installed a solid state reg /Rec so i need to isolate the brushes ???????
20220701_204453.jpg

You are right Skull I am sorry. I have posted explaining this just now on the other thread. I will make sure I stick to that thread. I am not trying to be a pain but merely trying to fix my problem and my ignorance in these matters is restricting my ability to do that.
i hope that you and the others will help me as i said i do appreciate you wisdom and help many thanks to all.

Back