Anyone have some XS1/2 turn signal's they could measure for me

Why yes there is. :D I'm trying to figure out which is the front, and which is the rear.

I got a Box "O" Blinker's from a guy that there was just enough stuff to build a set. Trouble is I don't know if I have the right stuff. :shrug:

I built these according to the way the front signal mounts came on them. And, on mikesxs, it says long in the front, and short in the rear. But I am seeing a lot of pic's with the long ones on the rear. And there's a guy trying to sell me the long one's for rear's. So I don't know what to believe. :confused:

What I'm calling my front's measure 2-1/8". The rear is 1-7/16". Do I have this correct.

This is the front.
XSRestorataionbegins154.jpg

This is the rear.
XSRestorataionbegins155.jpg

Also. I need to re-wire the rear's. So I need to see how long the wire's are. I think they are different from side to side. So on each ground wire, just measure where it is crimped in the connector. Then I'll cut my wire that long and crimp new end's on it. Then on the hot wire's, just measure from the from where the wire comes out of the mounting stud to the connector. Then I'll take the light apart and see how much I need to add.

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Mine is a 71 but I'll measure them and see what I've got. Long front / short back is correct, so is the orange lens on fronts / red lens on rear.

I get 3 1/4 at the front and 2 1/2 at the back, looks right.

At the rear the right leads are much longer than the left, about 23" vs 16" on the left. Ground and hot are roughly equal, they all bundle together in a plastic sleeve with the three wire taillight lead and end up at about the same place. I included the connector length in those.

I get 3 1/4 at the front and 2 1/2 at the back, looks right.

At the rear the right leads are much longer than the left, about 23" vs 16" on the left. Ground and hot are roughly equal, they all bundle together in a plastic sleeve with the three wire taillight lead and end up at about the same place. I included the connector length in those.

Thanks for the help.

Just one thing. Your signal measurement's are scaring me a little. My first pic is the front, and the second is the rear. Our number's aren't matching. Can you look at the pic's and make sure we're doing it the same. :bike:

I included the mounting threads in mine, forgot you didn't. I just looked at your pictures with the tape and those look the same as what I see.

I finally got out there with a tape measure and came up with 16" on the right 11" on the left. I did not remove the wires just kinda followed along the route with a tape measure. I am rather sure those dimensions will be long enough. all the wires are black.

I measured from where the wire emerges from the signal to the end of the connector at the other end. There's definitely more than enough wire on mine, it makes more of an L path than a straight line from the signal to the bundle so I can see how Gary's being shorter would still work just fine.

I measured from where the wire emerges from the signal to the end of the connector at the other end. There's definitely more than enough wire on mine, it makes more of an L path than a straight line from the signal to the bundle so I can see how Gary's being shorter would still work just fine.

Does the wire's run underneath the fender or on top. Any chance of a pic. :D

turn signal wires are always on top, tail/brake light wires go under at the grommetted hole.

Back