anyone know where I could find...

denis

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, so... I started my little project as planned but ran into a few electrical complications. I ripped into the original harness, well, not so original considering it was hacked into by the previous owner, but still full of unneeded accessories. So decided simplify it using my 75 watt soldering gun, some all too common assortment of terminals, and roll of 18 and 14 gauge. In the end the harness prevailed as it overwhelmed my alcohol induced state. After two hours and a twelve pack I was lost in the mountain of wires as I decided to unravel the entire thing. Long story short, I eventually made sense of what was going on in front of me, but my supplies did not seem to pull through. I decided not to hack anything up and instead try to salvage some of the original terminal blocks. So... I was wondering if anyone has any good leads on metric female and male spade terminals (same as used in some of the terminal blocks).. Also the metric bullet type terminals. I noticed Mikesxs sells them, but he currently doesnt have the female spades in stock. Maybe someone even has a better option of connecting terminals than the original white blocks.

Thanks fellas

Vintage Connections (www.vintageconnections.com) should have what you need. I have used several different types of their connectors, including the spade and bullet type that you need, and have been happy with them. Quality seems to be about the same as Mike's, which I have been happy with. I think the pricing is a little better than Mike's, IIRC, and the shipping was less.

The only thing I wasn't happy with was the molded connectors (2,3,4,6 wire type) that look like original equipment. They look fine, but didn't match well with the original ones on the bike that I wanted to keep. They would probably be fine if used in male-female pairs (not using the factory connector).

Do yourself a favor and get a crimper that does factory style crimps. Using the Mike's or Vintage Connections terminals, the end result looks factory, and works great. I have the tool from Mike's (Part #35-0008). A little pricey at $24, but I'm pleased with mine.

Hope this helps.

thanks very much, that helps a ton. I'm debating if I should order the kit or individual pieces. I'm partially considering replacing the terminal blocks entirely.

Back