Best pods for BS 34's and BS 38's

The PK-82s will fit the 38s perfectly and probably stretch onto the 34s but, personally, I would get the 92s for the 34s. My buddy has the smaller size on his 34s and they're a tight, tight fit. Personally, I use the 4" long normal pods, the UP4200s, on my 38s .....

Uni-CheckValve.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread, but a quick ? for 5twins, I have the same filters as you on 36VMs, how do you clean them, and do you oil yours?

I follow the instructions given on the UNI Australia site. Here's a PDF with them you can download .....

http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/Black foam road bike pods.pdf

Apparently, the black foam used in these is very fine so conventional foam filter oil is not recommended. It's too thick and can clog them. They recommend a 50-50 mix of gas and plain motor oil. I bought a cheap bottle of straight 30 wt. at Walmart and use that just for my UNIs.

Thanks, seems very easy to look after and a lot cheaper than the K N cleaners. I would've thought cleaning with gas would've been bad for the foam. Good enough for me!:thumbsup:

hi i,ve got cv 38 carbys kitted out with mikesxs kits ..and i run a set of oval filters from mikes ,, no trouble at all .....if you go to mikesxs sites and carbys ,, then filters it shows you which filter for 34-38 carbs regards oldbiker

Back