Best way to hard tail

Sub xs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'v got a 79 I think just gt it best way to put a hard tail on it I'v seen these bike on line all done up and I'm in love with mine all ready any help would be gear thanks for looking and what the difference between a bobber hard tail and a chopper hard tail

Hi,
I have been hugely impressed by TC Bros. Not only the quality of their products but also their customer service - so much so I started a thread on it.
Im sure there are others that will have different opinions on style etc but I would certainly reccomend them!

I encourage you to look around and consider all of your options before choosing a TC Bros hardtail. There are many better looking ones out there, IMHO.

Search these:
Voodoo Vintage
David Bird
Elswick
Ardcore

I like the drop seat look just to much right now and the wife is pissed I got the bike in the frist place it's set up as a cafe racer not my style I love chopper bobber the best

Well, what you should remember, is that it is your bike and your to style and build as you choose. If thats the style you're after - go for it. There are many people are this forum who are extremely helpful and generous with their time and aadvice so you're in the right place.
Yeah my "her that must be obeyed" hit the roof when I bought the last one. I do have four other bikes though! However, I keep her away from the expensive looking things and out of the shed as much as possible :)

Haha mines at my dads garage for the same reason lol plus all the tool ar there what kind welder did u use I gt a stik and a mig do I nd a tig

Ive used a MIG on all of my builds. TIG is very good but I like the ease of use of the MIG. However TIG welds, done properly and area work of art - they just take a bit more effort, with a seperate rod etc. A stick welder, in my eyes is very good for heavy industrial use but not so good for fine engineering work such as our bikes.
My MIG is 130 amp with argon gas. I prefer argon as opposed to CO2 mixes. Dont bother with the fluxed wire.

Ok I gt a plasma cuter to that will help in cutting the back half off and an fab work I want do or would torches work better cutting the back off

How lucky are you with the Plasma Cutter!!!!
To be honest, i cut the back off mine with an angle grinder and metal cutting wheel. I think plasma and torches might be a bit overkill. Last thing you want is to burn off something you dont want to! However for the build - rock on!

If you are cutting a sawzall is neater and easier to control.
Unless you are really good with a heat wrench(torch).

Yep as weekendrider says, sawzell is a good option too. I probably would have used mine but its been on loan to a friend for a considerable time - weekendrider you've reminded me to get that back. Oh, and not to lend tools out!!!
Yes, be careful with the hot spanner!

Back