Big Props: Oldskoolcarbs

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
It's not often that you meet a person or shop that goes out of their way to help you out and stand by their work. When you do, it's worth mentioning.
Rick at Oldskoolcarbs is not only a nice guy, but he's very knowledgeable about what he does. Customer service is second to none. I'm lucky enough that he lives about a mile and a half from me. His shop is clean, neat and well organized. He takes pride in his work and is a man of his words.
He did some work on my CB500 carbs, but he's knowledgeable about XS650 carbs as well as other Yamaha, Kawasaki and other models. CV, flat slides, you name it.

If you need some carb work done or a set rebuilt. I highly recommend him.
Reach him via email at: rick690@msn.com

Or, visit his ebay store: http://myworld.ebay.com/oldskoolcarbs&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID

(He doesn't have anything listed on ebay right now, but take a look at a recent auction and you can see the quality of his work. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330449580393&viewitem= )

Hi Scott, :agree: I've had a few pairs of BS 38's done by Rick as well and I completely agree with you regarding the quality of his work, his attention to detail and commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Besides being an all around great guy, biker and new friend. Rick West and Oldskoolcarbs the best rebuilding I've found ever!

Each time I saw one of your posts and location, I wondered if you knew him. Give him my best wishes when next you see him.

Blue

oldskool, how much to rebuild a set of BS38's from a '79 xs 650? also would you jet them for open pipes and pod filters?

I will rebuild completely, new gaskets, stainless screws, bench sync, paint or polish the bodies, all hardware is is painted or clear coated to protect from rust and ship back for $185. addition cost would occur if i have to replace a diaphragm or brass floats.. moderators if I am breaking any rules by posting this please let me know..

Back