Billet Rear Sets. ALL XS650's

Hello,
The instructions are clear..thanks.
The shiftersidse midset works fine.
The brakeside midset kit will not work with the stock muffler on my 81 Special.
I need to run low noise exhaust system c/o bad ringing in the ears. What exhaust system would you recommend that works with your kit?
thanks
Charlie

Does it not work when you have the modded brake pedal pointing down? If so, I can send a new lever that will point up, and you can rotate the pedal up to match.

I have looked all through this thread and your site and can't find a pic of a modified kick starter offer to work with your rearset controls. I am curious how much of a bend is necessary, I am building a kick only bike and want to run rearsets. I found the pic in this thread of the kick starter where it would hit. It would be great to see a pic of a molded kick lever in the full up and full down position with rearsets installed.

I have ordered an RD400e kick starter for my xs650 with these rear sets but it looks like it would actually clear to me with the folders. Your ankle bone would be quite close but it looks like it would clear. The motor in my frame is seized but I moved the kicker through its travel just rotating it on its shaft. I modified my pegs with some grooves for some added traction and a different look.

IMG_20131224_133429_222.jpg

IMG_20131224_133341_335.jpg

IMG_20131224_133215_338.jpg

IMG_20131224_133127_369.jpg

An update with the RD400e kick start lever. The lever itself looks much better IMO than the stock lever. It follows the lines of the side case and tucks up in by the jugs very nicely. I have decided to try and run my peg brackets inverted so I have a lower and more forward stance. I am fairly tall at 6'1 and this bike is going to be more of a cruiser than an aggressively ridden bike. The foot position with the brackets flipped is much more comfortable for me and is close to the stock position, it is still further towards the back.

I will get some pics up soon. I am having problems with photo bucket...

Stock kicker above rd400e lever below

This lever fits and looks much better with the profile of the side case much nicer in my opinion.

Bracket inverted. This will likely be how I run mine. I am a tad over 6"1 without shoes on an the normal position feels very cramped to me. This feels much more comfortable.

Last edited:
Do you do rear sets for the hardtail guys?
..... im going with clip ons

I actually started a design last year that will weld-on a 1 1/8 tube, (typical for Voodoo, or TC bros) and it will curve up to accommodate nearly any style peg. I can dig up the 3d model of that and see if it gages any interest.

I actually started a design last year that will weld-on a 1 1/8 tube, (typical for Voodoo, or TC bros) and it will curve up to accommodate nearly any style peg. I can dig up the 3d model of that and see if it gages any interest.

I'm in for sure, put me first on the list :)
Maybe better to start a thread with it in the title to see who's interested.
Just ordered ur triple tree, looking forward to getting it!

Here is the weld on Mid moiunt i have designed. It should be able to be mounted to almost any frame tube on the lower cradle or hardtail section.

Hardtailmount_zpsff9f8e26.jpg

Back