bobbed wiring route

girard

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hey Guys,

I am in the process of wiring my bike but am having a hell of a time finding a route to run my wires from the bars back to my e-box. i am trying to do all my connections in the e-box so am running most stuff back to it. all in all ive got about a 5/8-3/4 loom size of wire running back. I was planning on running back across the piece that the coils mount to and under my backbone/above the engine. I have a frisco style tank so everything below it is visible. anybody got any pics or suggestions? I'm so close but i've been working on this part for a while and its killin me! thanks

I got a HHB top motor mount, and the looms (3) and the 2-1 throttle cable chunk fit under the mount... stealthy

There are three ways to run your wires and if you are building a new wire harness it makes it easy.
1. The hardest way is to run wires threw frame . Can be done but takes a lot of time.
2. Run wires under frame and up front down tubes. Done this and wire look hidden.
3. Make the wires look like they belong on bike. Cloth wires give it a cool look.
Have fun and KEEP CHOPPIN
Rich

I'll be up against the same problem soon. TC Bros high tunnel Wassell tank, copy of Hugh's Handbuilt top motor mount. I don't care about hiding wires but the area at the rear of the motor mount will not have room for wiring harness, sparkplug wires, throttle cable and clutch cable to pass through. Still mounting tank, coil and front lights and speedometer. I may start a thread when it comes time to route these under or around the tank.

Scott

Back