Brembo brake bleeding

leighd42

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay Guy's what is the secret to bleeding the Brembo brake setup? I have a Nissin 14mm MC and a Brembo Gold with stainless lines and a MikesXS performance disk. I have everything mounted up all clearances are good but I have been trying to bleed the system for a couple of hours now and it just won't make pressure. The Nissin MC and lines are all sealed and not leaking just won't build pressure to push the pistons but doesn't seem to be leaking fluid anywhere. Any advice? I have taken the calliper apart and cleaned it thoroughly and pistons move fine with compressed air. It's making me crazy!!!!!!

[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• IMG_1063_zps67dec87e.jpg
    IMG_1063_zps67dec87e.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 4
Leave the top open on the master cylinder.
go away
let the air bubbles rise to the top and out
come back later.
You should have some brake now.
Fighting the air trying to rise is a bitch.
so don't fight them let them rise and leave the master cylinder..
remember to leave to top off while letting the bubbles rise

Did you bleed just the master cylinder before you hooked up the lines? If not you need to. Unhook the line at the master. Put your finger tip over the hole the line hooks to, Now slowly pull and release the lever. After a few strokes you should get fluid pushing out past your finger tip. As you pull the lever air gets pushed out past your finger, but when you release the lever your finger tip seals the hole and more fluid gets pulled from the reservoir. Once you get good fluid flow past your finger, quickly hook the line back up. It should bleed now.
Leo

I have Brembo gold line calipers front and rear. When I installed them and new braided steel lines, I pre-filled the lines on the bench. I also pre-filled the calipers. That way there is no air, and my bleeding takes about 4 or 5 minutes; very simple.

To bad Your having such a hard time.
I have a meat injector I use for fluids works good.
Here is a video I found for You.
This master has a bleeder
Most don't have a bleeder so you have to do the finger over the hole thing.
I've only had the problem your having on Harleys. and waiting for the air to escape has all ways worked on them sorry it didn't work for You :shrug:

I use a syringe. It takes very little brake fluid to fill the lines. Form a U with the lines on the bench, so that both ends are high. Inject the fluid into one end and watch for it to come out the other end. Temporarily plug the lower banjo as you carefully lower and connect the lower banjo to the caliper.

Well Guy's thanks for the help!! I'm not sure which tip worked to finally solve my problem as I tried them all but something worked. I was finally completely frustrated with the task and thought I would watch the videos on brake bleeding that ( I am Carbon ) posted for me and have a beer. Finished the videos and beer and for some reason I had lever after two pumps. Just cleaned everything up and now I have a perfect feeling front brake. I will go over everything again and check for leaks but so far so good.. I think I see a vacuum bleeder in my future.

Thanks guys your the best !:thumbsup:

Thanks! The MC is the 14mm Nissin from Dime City Cycles. I was going to order one but I found one for sale on Kijiji that a guy had ordered from DCC for his Honda cafe build but it didn't fit. I think DCC sells them for $130. Now that I have the brakes done it seem to work well. Won't know how well until I get to ride. Almost done to the point of test riding just need my muffler and rear sets to get here.

Last edited:
Back