Bs34mm

Stick14ya

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me the name of this part I looked on the internet and the diagram is so small and tight I couldn’t find the part I ordered a throttle cable today and when putting it on the cable keeps slipping off of it and I got to looking at some pics and the damn thing is missing a piece that hold the ball of the throttle cable in place I’m about to set this bike on fire if it isn’t one thing it’s another thanks Chris

Attachments

• C61F32E1-74FF-4ABF-87B0-679A3DB73E98.jpeg
    C61F32E1-74FF-4ABF-87B0-679A3DB73E98.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 33E2A348-3F37-4CDB-930F-F5D7DA07A288.jpeg
    33E2A348-3F37-4CDB-930F-F5D7DA07A288.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 105
thumbsup.gif

Gonna be hard to find. Good luck.

Jb weld would hold in it place when I pull the throttle it stays but when I let off of it the ball comes outb

Any fabrication skills ?
The picture is a bit small but perhaps 2 piece of sheet metal bent 90 degrees
Fastened with a screw on the flat surface parallel with throttle Axle
Or 2 screws outside the flat surface
One metal bent 90 degrees on the inside and one on the outside keeping the cable in there
A larger picture and better solutions might be coming

The hole in the throttle lever for the cable barrel is supposed to have two sides. The inner cable comes up between them and the barrel pulls both sides. Looks like one side of Stick's is broken off. Carburetor exploded views do not show any other piece.

The hole in the throttle lever for the cable barrel is supposed to have two sides. The inner cable comes up between them and the barrel pulls both sides. Looks like one side of Stick's is broken off. Carburetor exploded views do not show any other piece.
For reference only... not for sale... sorry.

zza.jpg

zz.jpg

Yeah him mine don’t look like that lol I looked everywhere on the internet for one but couldn’t find one.Jan I do some fab work I took a piece of metal before I seen these post and bent it to a 90 and took my little 125 harbor freight freight welder. And welded it to the Bach side of the seem not the prettiest work I’ve done but it’s holding for now.And as Jim stated I think I’ll try to put a safety wire around it in case the welds brake.It’s not the strongest metal but it’s what I had.I’ll try to take some pics when I get back to the garage.If you guys see that part for sale let me know thanks chris

Good to learn that you were able to fab something up. Sometimes what works best is to "Google" the part number, 306-14964-00-00. Bikebandit says they have one for about $10.
Near as I can tell, that's for a BS-38 carb. Partzilla shows that as applicable to a 1980 BS34.... but it also shows it fitting 74 thru 79 38's.... so it's all a little confusing. That P/N shows up on Ebay and the pic shows it as definitely a -38 lever. Not certain, but I think it's just enough different to not work on the -34's.

Yes, that's a BS38 lever. It's very close, but it requires a shorter cable, and the throttle response will be more aggressive. I already sent the OP a PM with a pic of the correct lever that I am offering him.

Near as I can tell, that's for a BS-38 carb. Partzilla shows that as applicable to a 1980 BS34.... but it also shows it fitting 74 thru 79 38's.... so it's all a little confusing. That P/N shows up on Ebay and the pic shows it as definitely a -38 lever. Not certain, but I think it's just enough different to not work on the -34's.
I concede. Yes for a 38, you are absolutely correct, but search as I might I could not find that part for a BS-34. You got the confusing part right.

Back