Calling all tuners/plug chop

Halftwist

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
What am I looking at here? On the rich side for sure This is after a 3/4 throttle run. I’ve got idle dialed perfect and it looks and feels great up to 3/4T , after that it seems to fall on its butt. Does the strap look like I need to add more timing? What are the flakes on the strap.

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpeg
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2995.jpeg
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I see you're running resistor plugs? If you still have the original resistor spark plug caps, you'll want to change them to the non-resistor type. You only want one instance of resistance in each plug line. More than one can be too much and weaken the spark. So, if that's what you've got, fix that first and then take another plug reading.

I see you're running resistor plugs? If you still have the original resistor spark plug caps, you'll want to change them to the non-resistor type. You only want one instance of resistance in each plug line. More than one can be too much and weaken the spark. So, if that's what you've got, fix that first and then take another plug reading.
No I’m running a gonzo/Gerry ignition with non resistor caps and wires. Been down that road already 😆 but thanks for checking

Back