Carb Holder Gasket

XSWestgate

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to order gaskets up for between the carb holders and the engine intake but for some reason I can't find any specific to my year. Am I wrong in assuming they all have the same profile?

Here's the description from where i'm trying to buy them.
"Intake Spiggot Gasket (Carb Holder Rubber) (Pk/2), OEM Ref.# 256-13556-01.

Fits: Between XS650 Manifolds (Carb Spacers) and cylinder head and between
the XS manifolds and the carb holders for the PWK 32.

Fits: 1970-84 650's Keihin Flatslide PWK 32mm XS Performance Carb Set for XS650.

Note: 2 sets required"

I have a '78 650 SE with BS38's. Do you think these would work? They took measurements for me and everything checks out except for the bolt centers for mounting, they get 67 mm and i'm measuring almost 70. I find it hard to believe the BCD's would change between years and that we're just measuring differently. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
They should work. The bolt center measurement never changed during production. You don't need 2 sets or pairs, just 2 gaskets total. The part number changed in the early '80s but as far as I can tell, the size and shape was the same. I'm thinking maybe the new part has no asbestos maybe?

In that PWK kit there is a spacer between the carb holder and engine. A gasket goes on both sides of the spacer, thus two sets needed.
Leo

Back