cardboard drones

These drones were direct aid from Australia. They have a cost in the low thousands and not millions that the more conventional drones cost. It is yet to be confirmed by our usual sources, but Ukraine reports destroying 5 Russian war machines. That's quite a return on the Australian aid dollar.

Thats whats called thinking outside the box or inside depending on how you look at it
Post consumer cardboard ?
Let the russians recycle it

Thats whats called thinking outside the box or inside depending on how you look at it
Post consumer cardboard ?
Let the russians recycle it
Mikey, I pissed myself reading that….. Outside the box!

Last edited:
Oldfella has memory and thoughts... I well remember Khrushchev at UN "history - bury you" and Cuba...
The mustachioed gentleman from Austria had, they say, considerable success, but circumstances failed to align with ambitions...alas. No plan, they say survives first contact.... However, it was Churchill that said that the Red Army tore the guts out of the nazi armies. Which is to advise caution... nobody has ever beat the Red Army. It's been to Berlin, and to Paris...and could do it again. Longtimeago a Persian fella said to a very young "40 North"... "you would think differently if you knew more about it". At the time the Shaw was honcho... and then presto! He was gone and soon dead... Flying cardboard model airplanes again' Ruski bear does not seem to me like a profitable undertaking. Possibly highly expensive. The story is that the latest drone attack on Peskov (score 2 dead IL and 2 damaged, fuel tank farm, and a Tu 22 they say... ahem). What would you do after that was done to you? Attack is thought to have originated in Estonia, thus a jus ad bellum. I myself would prefer a pacific and mutually beneficial cooperative relationship with Mr Bear. btw the UN Charter provides that the w2 armistice is rescinded if any of the fascist state resume attacking any of the allies. Estonia fielded a nazi army... just sayin' I have no political advocacy, but I would like to live out my years without the privations and stink of war.

nobody has ever beat the Red Army. It's been to Berlin, and to Paris...and could do it again.
'cept the Afghans. Took 'em ten yrs and a little *cough* help from us, but yeah.... only thing Russian left over there is rusting T-72's and rotting Hinds. And that was when the "Soviet Union" reigned. The red army's just a poor shadow of itself.
... and good riddance I say.
... and yeah, the Afghans outlasted us too. No army's invincible against a determined enemy on their homeland.

Profitable undertaking or not the flying shoeboxes are having an effect, even if just psychological. A thousand bucks a pop to scare the bejesus outta the Russian civvies.... sounds profitable to me.

...prefer a pacific and mutually beneficial cooperative relationship with Mr Bear.

A deal with Putin? Ain't no honor left among thieves. Putin'll put a knife in your back soon as it's turned.... and then convince you Xi Jinping did it.
Nope.... no honor left among thieves.

Last edited:
Yes that is a very radically dumb idea .. starting or getting into a war with Russians having it on your own soil that is a major F'ck Up
Maybe the biggest one in History
Ordinary winter oh nooo
Putin might not be the best person to strike deals with ..but Soviet changed leaders many times without much different leadership
No Sandals and Batik Shirts. And wont come no debate ..not that tradition. So waiting for someone better can take 100 years
Can come someone pushing the big red button marked -- " Erase Kiev "
I am afraid it will last and Ukraine becoming a pile of gravel at the end -- 6 000 000 refuges now For What ??
I would like to se more efforts finding solutions at the conference table.

Like hey russia get out of my country
Problem solved

Hahahaha
That is of course true -- ask the USA Natives

But having said that ... happened before ... Shoot the government Benito Mussolini style and strike a deal with the invading superpower ... Be practical about it.. And they went home... Its back on track again Problem solved
Still have a country Italy not certain Ukraine will exist in 5 years If they keep on .. A pile of gravel ruled from Moscow as before
Starvation and refuges.

Beca
'cept the Afghans. Took 'em ten yrs and a little *cough* help from us, but yeah.... only thing Russian left over there is rusting T-72's and rotting Hinds. And that was when the "Soviet Union" reigned. The red army's just a poor shadow of itself.
... and good riddance I say.
... and yeah, the Afghans outlasted us too. No army's invincible against a determined enemy on their homeland.

Profitable undertaking or not the flying shoeboxes are having an effect, even if just psychological. A thousand bucks a pop to scare the bejesus outta the Russian civvies.... sounds profitable to me.

A deal with Putin? Ain't no honor left among thieves. Putin'll put a knife in your back soon as it's turned.... and then convince you Xi Jinping did it.
Nope.... no honor left among thieves.
Because we are avoiding political matters we ought to keep to history, thus the qualifications of Putin as a party to contract might be a topic best discussed elsewhere, Jim. If it were, we might also recall precisely the reliability of many other major figures. Putin is a law professor and as to fine points, punctilious.

Yes, cardboard airplane have effect. They arouse Bear. This is generally an unpleasant event.

The US bugged out afnamistan at midnight leaving megabucks of ammo and weapons, abandoning US persons to their fate. The Commies marched out in good form and left a working government, which was rapidly undermined by...you all know who with planeloads of guns, many murders, and a big dope racket... Nevertheless the secular government lasted 2 years. The Reds were not defeated, they chose an orderly withdrawal. and not a Saigon embassy roof...

Even the (many say) compromised "wiki" is somewhat favorable.

The US has made many deals with Ruskie, to mutual profit. WW2 alliance for example, but prior to that, Imperial Rus saved the US from European invasion in the Civil War. Was it the Clinton lady who dealt the uranium deal with Ruskie...yes?

States have interests, not individual personalities. Stalin, Roosevelt, kings and crooks, their personal character is unimportant, their pursuit of their interests is. As to interests, a solid legal brief under art 51 UNC permits the Russian action in the former Ukraine.

At this time the Russians have said that they determine that the US is not capable of contract. So? That's why I wrote> "a pacific and mutually beneficial cooperative relationship with Mr Bear." rather than make a deal. The basis of this might be to discontinue to provide gadgets to those attacking him. There is, however, at this time no question of a deal, none.

The basis of a deal was presented in December 2021 by the Ruskies, and rejected. At that time they expressly stated that "military technical means" would be employed to achieve the conditions of those demands. Good lawyers always make their claim before going to "trial".

Many expect that these draft agreements will be agreed to, in the fullness of time. Meantime west zone is runnin' outta ammo and liable to do stupid "pin-pricks".

https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/rso/nato/1790818/?lang=en

https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/rso/nato/1790803/?lang=en

I have zero "political" opinion. My hard opinion is to ride bikes and garden with my also old wife and little old dogs. I'd couldn't care less what they do in DC, or London, but I prefer no war. The smell alone! And the screaming, and the orphans...

My sense of zone Ukraine is that pretty soon the "country" Lenin created will be gone. Medvedev, honcho Ruskie Security Council said so yesterday, "Country 404, as in nothing found..."

1693519703631.png
Ruskie leaving afnamistan.

Breathe Brother. None of this has anything to do with us, and I hope it stays that way.

I'd couldn't care less what they do in DC, or London, but I prefer no war. The smell alone! And the screaming, and the orphans... Breathe Brother. None of this has anything to do with us, and I hope it stays that way.

We're in agreement there at least. I been to war, I'd just as soon never see another. So yeah, I'm breathing just fine on this comfy internet forum. You too, right?

The American withdrawal from Afghanistan started when The previous administration signed the Doha Accords in early 2020... almost a full year before our current admin took office. By the time our current administration took over in Jan of 2021, US forces had gone from about 15-20,000 down to about 2500. Again, almost a full year prior.... so yeah, there's blame to go around. Such as leaving for the next admin, a force that borders on being incapable of much of anything in the way of an orderly withdrawal.
So that pretty much parallels the Soviet withdrawal that also took about a year... the big difference being the Soviets had a well traveled "land bridge" back to the Homeland. Makes life much easier when you can drive all your equipment back home and have a rear guard to boot.

But again, the "bear" doesn't reside in Afghanistan, they left in defeat. Call it a "political defeat" instead of military... an "economic defeat"... hell, all of the above really... but your point, "nobody has ever defeated the Red Army", is dubious at best.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Fellas...I checked about the Red Army. We might offer "some temporary tactical accomodations" as opposed to a Red defeat. Japan defeated the Imperial Russian Navy. Ashore they (J) did poorly. They say that European designs and intrigues led to the arming of Imperial Japan (modern navy ships) for this purpose. We assume all Russian Armies since some 1000+ years designated "Red". Ruskie celebrates now 3 September as victory over Japan (so does China) I find this strange, as there is no peace treaty 'tween J and R. For evidence of non defeat the obvious reply is to ask whether Russia remains. It does. And, they say, is building a modern top of the line 3 million man army. Let us hope things improve. I don't want to hear the screams. Peace, fellas.

Back