Cb750k0 - any interest?

Yeah, I was going to say the carbs had been updated to later ones. These early ones ran better as I remember.

Yes, you are correct. The carbs are off a 73 and will need to be rejetted to run with the more open pipes.

But considering a set of carbs that still need a complete rebuild will run somewhere between 1000-1500 bucks - I’m gonna run what I’ve got at the moment and hunt for a set when I can find one at a more palatable price and then swap them out in the future.

Its the first model Sandcast engine that fetch the big big bucks..................Yours being a 70K model is why i asked if it had the sandcast engine.
No it’s not a sand cast. Those were early 69. The first 7400 or so bikes. The get up in the 50k plus range here in the states. - your die cast K0 will still fetch in the 12-15k range all day. Upwards of 20 for clean original bikes.

And speaking of carbs - they seemed easy to start with and I’ve made a little progress on em.

Pulled em all down and they were pretty clean to start with - ultrasonic soak, then I soda blasted the bodies, another ultrasonic soak and polished up the shiny bits.

Didn’t take many pics of the process as I wasn’t planning on documenting much but I’ll try to capture more as I go.

C23826C7-A557-48FB-90F3-F3A0F16EE6BE.jpeg
98DB0058-0204-4BA5-AD4B-632F3BE7E823.jpeg
CB75E741-B4C2-4BD7-99C8-7E0ED4283F7F.jpeg
1DCCF0C4-E912-4AFF-80DE-61570DB67065.jpeg
C4992F45-0B96-49DC-9D4A-71B8168AA85B.jpeg
56DE1E5D-C42B-47FC-9660-609A24603F07.jpeg
7F1B328C-1F24-4BA1-87CF-572A7DBEA7BD.jpeg

Currently don’t have room for a decent blasting booth but it’s on the list once I get my workshop built. Currently just have a few sheds to work out of.

I do however have a large sand field on my property so making a huge mess isn’t a problem.

I used this HF portable blaster. It works pretty good for cleaning carbs and small bits of aluminum/ raw parts.

Run it with an inline water trap and it’s worth the money if you got the space to make a mess.

2F0213F8-0910-4838-96D6-F198B8A8C8C7.png

Got a K0 that was dropped into my lap for next to nothing and it needs to be back on the road.

Anyone have any interest in following along?? I know it’s not an XS but hey, pretty cool nonetheless.

The goal is get it back to stock, and ride it!
Yep I'm with the rest of the yes crowd. I love CB750s of old and have had a few. Get it on WideAWAKE!

Last edited:
Having been in the last owner segment all my life
I would suspect a cheap bike ( Not knowing the price ) looking that fine externally to have a major problem inside at ca 40 000 on the clock.
Front end looks brand new and could indicate a hit
Honda's have a reputation being difficult and expensive ..
But .But .. But there is always that risk
and as the proverbial
the seaman dont wait for the right wind he learns how to sail.
Please come with reports ..does the engine turn ?? bottom end status ?? and so on

I would suspect a cheap bike ( Not knowing the price ) looking that fine externally to have a major problem inside at ca 40 000 on the clock.
Could be, but if the exhaust is worth more than he paid for the bike, the low price doesn't point to a trickster. At least not a good one...

Bike was purchased from a friend (who got it from a close friend a dozen or so years ago) he’s heavy into British bikes and was never gonna see it through so he called me cause he wanted it to stay in town and get back on the road at some point.

The guy who my friend got it from got the bike without a tank or carbs, had a 73 tank so he decided to make it look like a 73(swapped out the fork ears) and stripped the paint off the air box. This was all done 25+ years ago when these bikes didn’t have much value.

I have the original ears (candy gold) and can see the original paint on the inside of the air box.

No funny business with the bike, just needed it out of his garage and wanted to see it finished.

And as stated in the first post - motor fired right up and sounded strong.

I did manage to secure body work from Japan.

I debated using what I had but cost wise it would have ended up a wash and would have been a lot more work and my tank still would have been slightly off.

The 69-70 tank is just a smidge shorter and wider than the other years. Very hard to tell unless they are side by side.

I will still need to paint my air box but I was able to get the correct paint to do so. Being that my bike is a transition bike, it has a 3 hole air box instead of a 2 hole which were prone to cracking - but the only ones you can get painted are 2 hole. If I went that route I’d also have to get all new hanging hardware.

Tank, side panels, ears and head light bucket showed up the other day and I made a little progress on the tank.

I robbed the very nice gas cap off my 73 tank and was able to source some OEM badges to go with it. Started cleaning my petcock yesterday (it was a little blocked up haha)

I had never actually seen this color in person but always heard it’s more green than blue but every bike you see a picture of is clearly blue. Well it’s true, it’s definitely more green than blue but is photos pure blue.

The last pic I tried to color correct and give a little more accurate depiction of what it looks like in reality. It’s a grey primer, with silver sparkle base and a blue/green sparkle candy over it. They don’t make em like this anymore.
0BB5F874-0010-41D6-8AC3-60D115318B3F.jpeg

58A1B71B-2FBF-46A7-B71B-BF72DD94678F.jpeg

DDED4DE3-187C-48FF-BDE6-4062073F810C.jpeg

656F666C-FF7A-4618-96C7-4D66EFFC91C1.jpeg

D74EE357-2CCE-4E18-AF96-20E1959405A3.jpeg

Wow! That is so nice looking! And amazing that you can buy new parts like that right off the shelf. :geek:

Only for the first 2 years of production, due to them being so desirable. The Japanese, mainly a company called Yamiya, has done an absolute amazing job making perfect reproduction parts, even down to imperfections that were made in the originals at the time.

If my bike came with original parts, I would have saved em. But it didn’t, so I am thankful that these exist. Buying originals or NOS is far out of my budget, both in time and money.

These parts cost more than I paid for the whole bike haha but it’ll be my biggest expense and they really make it what it is.

A spotless original tank will set you back just north of 5k 🤯🤯🤯. Id be too afraid to ride that, even if I could afford it. I want a rider.

Stick it wherever, or delete if it’s a distraction.

Just figured I’d stick it in here as to not distract from the main show.
Don't delete it... and it's not a distraction. It's perfectly fine and allowed to do builds on bikes other than XS'
Doug's right though, it should be moved to the garage....

Untitled.png

Back