Check out a chopped CB750 today ( LOUD!!)

stockglock1927

XS650 Member
Reaction score
the thing was spotless. very low miles, super clean, great compression, setup very well........4 into 4 headers.........LOUD AS F#$K !!!! no way could you rid that thing without getting pulled over. no wonder it has no miles on it. it was overwhelming. I mean, I like a loud exhaust but if you rode this thing you would have to were ear plugs under a full faced helmet. It was nuts. I still would have taken it home if the price wasn't so High. $5500. It was a reasonable price because the bike was very nice in every aspect. just out of my budget.

how loud are the XS650s with straight pipes? I know they are over the legal limit but how bad are they really? the youtube videos must not do justice. I almost wonder if I'm heading down the wrong road looking for a bike like this.

my xs has the orig cans gutted completely. with lathe turned alum end caps with big holes.

its really not that loud.i dont get any complaints or git stopped by the po po.pretty mellow actually.

but i have heard 4cyl bikes like yur talkin about.they are loud as heck.sounds like a stock car when they really git going.it will attract some attention unless your in a rural setting like i am.

years ago when i was a kid i rode a hd shovel with striaght pipes. i just learned when to be mellow and when and where i cud git away with it.

the 4cyl bike will make tons of noise. even a straight pipe 2 cyl xs wont really be that noticable

Sorry, inline-four chops just don't look right to me, no matter how well they're built.

Loud is loud but an inline four at full howl has a nasty note. I much prefer a bike with some muffler to shave off the higher pitch noise. Thumpa thumpa is much better than pockita pockita. Even the Harleys with no mufflers have that annoying exhaust valve, plock plock noise.

I have straight pipes and it's loud! Love the way it sounds. Especially on deceleration .. People always turn to see when I'm riding down the street.
Cb750 are sick. But probably better as cafe/trackers as opposed to choppers

Back