clutch lever for 1" bars

chevy2tom

XS650 Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using with the stock cable & 1" bars? I can find them for 7/8 but not 1". Or what set up do you recommend? Nothing fancy just a simple set up. Thanks

Posted via Mobile

Hey chevy2tom, I recall seeing a vendor offering xs650 1" bar controls, just can't remember who it was. So, it's out there somewhere. If I remember it or find it, I'll post here...

Great write up DogBunny. I have always liked Harley controls, so I might have to give this a try.:thumbsup:

clutch2.jpg

I think the biggest trick might be finding the steel spacer I pictured in post #13, shown again above. My Lowe's used to have a great selection of steel and nylon spacers in their specialty fastener drawers, but they don't carry most of them any more. Same with Home Depot. I think different stores in each chain have different selections.
Tapping the threads into the spacer is also a bit of a trick -- you need to vice or chuck the spacer tight enough to cut the threads but without collapsing the spacer.

Hay DogBunny,
that's some awesome work, i'm doing something similar, 4" risers,1" bars, exile cycles internal throttle, and a grip ace hidden switch system, but i need a micro kill switch, would you happen to have a link to those micro switches you used?

thx

evil 650, when it comes to micro switches, you are looking for ones with the maximum amp rating. Radio Shack makes a fantastic two-position off/on toggle, part # 275-0324
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062485
It is rated at 10 amps/125VAC, which is really high for a micro switch. Highest rated I have found by far.

BTW, Radio Shack also makes a fantastic full-size toggle switch (actually a paddle switch):
http://octopart.com/275-024-radioshack-24527443
My package lists it as 275-0024. What's fantastic is that it is rated for DC instead of AC, and it is rated 30 amps which is huge. Has built-in red LED which is goofy, but otherwise makes a great ignition switch if you are going key-less, or as a secondary, secret, hidden kill switch (nice to have a secret switch if you go key-less like I do).

Back