Confused about Pamco ignition for 277 rephase

Jaymichael

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Looks like I may have created myself a problem here. When I started rebuilding my engine I planned on leaving it stock, I ordered this pamco ignition kit from mikes

https://www.mikesxs.net/product/14-0917.html

Down the road a bit I decided to send my crank to Hugh for a rephase. Now my question is, will the single dual output black coil from my previous kit still work for me if I order the appropriate 277 deg pamco ignition module? Or do I also need a pair of the single output green monster coils?

Im hoping to get away using some of the parts in the original kit, I guess if I cant I can package it up and try to sell it as a complete basic pamco/coil kit and order the complete 277 kit with the 2 green coils.

Anybody help me out on this? Cheers

My suggestion would be to get ahold of member Iamcarbon, he is running a rephrase with a Pamco ignition. Super good dude and always helpful, send him a PM, he'll help.

1. I'd stay away from the green coils, I assume they're Chinese copies of the dynatec 3ohm, but either way I've seen multiple complaints.
2. It maybe easier to sell off what you have as a complete kit and purchase a 277 ignition.

Why did you end up getting your motor rephrased?

Back