Don't you hate THE FONG BROS?

Scrambled,
Not much pleases me more than when someone attempts to make me look fooloish and it just backfires and blows up right in their face. Your reply has all the cunning and brilliance of any plan ever devised by Wile E. Coyote. Let's review this masterpiece starting with your quote "Your do speak English right." KABOOM! The attempt to ask if I speak English while using incorrect grammar is fantastic. I wasn't aware Acme produced a book Learn English at Home In Your Spare Time but now I feel I could say so with confidence.
Next, let's move on to the "you know that's not a compliment" regarding my reply to your interior decorator comment. Please take your right hand and place it as though you were going to do a salute. Don't stop there, quickly take said hand and going from the front of your face move the hand from there to the back of your head keeping your hand fairly parallel with the top of your head. If you can manage it, say, "WHOOSH" as you do this motion. My reply was obviously over your head Wile E. So you can undestand, I will explain it to you and you only, as I'm sure anybody else would have understood it clearly. You see, there is this show called "American Chopper." On that show, they had a build off with Jesse James. Jesse called the Teutuls cake decorators because in his opinion all they do is decorate an existing bike. I was simply pointing out the lack of originality in your "Interior decorator" comment because you simply ripped off what he said and changed one word to weakly disguise your plageristic wit. Here are some other comedy staples you can easily rip off. The original versions -"Anyone here from out of town?" "Is this thing on?" "How about that airline food?" "Take my wife, please." Your versions that nobody will ever suspect were not purely your own - "Anyone here from another area?" "Is this microphone functioning correctly?" "How about that airplane food?" "Take my bride, please."
Finally, on to the "Lawn ornament" comment. So what if it is? It isn't by the way, but if it were, what's wrong with building something to look at? I'm sure you've probably seen or attended a custom car show. Do you think all those vehicles are built to be street driven or looked at or both in some cases? What I can tell you is the so called lawn ornament is proudly owned by somebody who rides it often and has repeatedly told me how much he loves it. Also, if you do your research, you will find that bike was voted one of the 10 most beautiful tracker style bikes of 2010, so regardless of its functionality, it still brings pleasure to many with it's beauty. However, it is quite functional. I do have a plan though. In the future, I will go with this original idea and build a '78 XS 650 E standard. Get the Pamco+high out put coil, iridium plugs,pod air filters, racing oil filter, 2 into 1 with the shorty inverted cone muffler, progressive spring shocks, new fork springs, new Dunlop K70s on spoke alloys , new seat cover . Coming soon , new carbs, and a bunch of other stuff . Now that would be groundbreaking. Get it? Lawn ornament - ground breaking. There is no end to my mastery of English.

Last edited:
Honestly, I believe he is answering the question posted in the title of this thread. Yes, he does hate the Fong Bros.

I also think he meant "Engrish" as a way to express the accent, and the lack of pronouncing the letter "L", used in the Asian language.

I'm not taking sides, just my thoughts.

I don't get that show on TV that you are talking about , never saw it and if there was a show on with that dysfunctional family of useless bike builders on I wouldn't watch it anyway.

The reason I call you an inferior decorator is because what you build is basically useless , like a motorized garden gnome. Sure you could build one , but why ? If you wan't to be all artsy fartsy that's your problem. But if you wear a big red nose and giant shoes in public don't complain when people laugh at you. I don't need to make you look foolish, you do that all by yourself.

Honestly, I believe he is answering the question posted in the title of this thread. Yes, he does hate the Fong Bros.

I also think he meant "Engrish" as a way to express the accent, and the lack of pronouncing the letter "L", used in the Asian language.

I'm not taking sides, just my thoughts.
You get it littlebill. The guy is basically inviting people to insult him/his bike so I did.

Really? the average age on this forum must be about 50+ and there are threads like this?
I use this forum to save myself from dying after putting together a bike that is not properly assembled...
I also realize that many people create what they see as art with these bikes... I think most post modern art is ugly as hell, but also realize that someone created it and that is fine with me.
point is, why on earth in an online forum filled with the best information available do we see these threads?
I would assume that with the time it takes to start and or reply and or keep it going, the bikes in question would be much better off if the time was spent wrenching not writing... case and point, in the 5 minutes it took me to tell you all to stop acting like fucking children I stupidly missed another five minutes of polishing time...

Another genius quote by scrambled - doesn't get the show and has never seen an episode, but somehow knows about the dysfunctional family of builders. Why don't you just give up while you're only this far behind. Have some dignity man!
As fol you rittre birr. Vely laciarry insensitive. I'm not even Asian.

No offense, but when you start a thread, as you did, with that opening statement, then you should be prepared to receive a whole bunch of flak.

And I simply stated what I thought he meant by "Engrish". I am not insensitive and I don't think you are Asian. Why would I? Fong sounds Irish to me.

I think you should also consider following your own statement, "If you all want the post to dissapear, just do the right thing and keep your impulsive fingers still. It will go away. Trust me. ".

lawrgj, yes, just about every open forum has threads like this. There is also an old saying. "Even if you win an argument on the internet, you are still a loser".

Want this thread to go away? Then stop throwing fuel on it.

OK, time to sum this up because it is pointless to continue.

You asked : "Don't you just hate those Fong Bros and their useless bikes "?

I responded with something like this: " There is a point where where the form surpasses the function and you past that point a long time ago. " Or something like that , then I said you were more like interior decorators , meaning that for you "style " is far more important than function. Then I summed that all up nicely by calling your bike a lawn ornament , which is a fairly accurate description of what you built because it is about as functional as a lawn ornament.

I was going to add some other comparisons , like wicker piss pots and crochet diapers but I think I answered your original question . My advice is if you don't really want honest opinions don't ask the questions.

Really? the average age on this forum must be about 50+ and there are threads like this?
I use this forum to save myself from dying after putting together a bike that is not properly assembled...
I also realize that many people create what they see as art with these bikes... I think most post modern art is ugly as hell, but also realize that someone created it and that is fine with me.
point is, why on earth in an online forum filled with the best information available do we see these threads?
I would assume that with the time it takes to start and or reply and or keep it going, the bikes in question would be much better off if the time was spent wrenching not writing... case and point, in the 5 minutes it took me to tell you all to stop acting like fucking children I stupidly missed another five minutes of polishing time...
Sorry lawrgj, sometimes boredom makes you do things you wish you hadn't , kinda like booze without the fun. I still think Fongs bikes are useless but I shouldn't have bothered posting . I should have known that Fong really didn't want an honest answer,the question was like when a woman asks "do these pants make my ass look big " you never answer "no, it's that 50lbs of cellulite that makes your ass look big " . You are right lawrgj, I am old enough, I should know better. It's all fun and games until some one starts crying. So, suck it up Fong, I am sure if you keep trying you may eventually build a real motorcycle.

Last edited:
In my own defense, I will continue to post as often as I choose as I have customers who read these forums and a reputation to uphold. I will not allow anyone to get the last word when that word is not based on fact. I could careless if I have to post from now til my last breath to defend my work. I'm not the person who complained about ending this thread. If somebody doesn't like my build, I am 100 percent fine with that. What I have to ask though is don't make blanket statements that are unsupported. If the bike is so useless, please use your infinate wisdom to back those words up. The bike runs well, it is comfortable to ride and everything on it functions. So how is it useless. Am I supposed to win a hill climb, or jump 27 busses. If that's the case than yes it is useless, just asmuch as any other bike in here. I have never bragged on here. I clown myself all the time on this site. I'm not going to brag and talk about how long my customer list is, but I do have a formula and style that brings me plenty business and whether you like it or not scrambled, if Iused what you have in mind for a "functional" bike, I would have to throw those plans in the trash because I would be out of business. So keep spouting your unsupported facts and go order those new carbs and maybe you will develop an international fan base with your incredibly functional bike that even Yamaha stopped making because it was outdated and nonfunctional compared to newer models. My bad - I forgot you know more than Yamaha and your bike is way more functional than the 2013 models coming out.

In my own defense, I will continue to post as often as I choose as I have customers who read these forums and a reputation to uphold. I will not allow anyone to get the last word when that word is not based on fact. I could careless if I have to post from now til my last breath to defend my work. I'm not the person who complained about ending this thread. If somebody doesn't like my build, I am 100 percent fine with that. What I have to ask though is don't make blanket statements that are unsupported. If the bike is so useless, please use your infinate wisdom to back those words up. The bike runs well, it is comfortable to ride and everything on it functions. So how is it useless. Am I supposed to win a hill climb, or jump 27 busses. If that's the case than yes it is useless, just asmuch as any other bike in here. I have never bragged on here. I clown myself all the time on this site. I'm not going to brag and talk about how long my customer list is, but I do have a formula and style that brings me plenty business and whether you like it or not scrambled, if Iused what you have in mind for a "functional" bike, I would have to throw those plans in the trash because I would be out of business. So keep spouting your unsupported facts and go order those new carbs and maybe you will develop an international fan base with your incredibly functional bike that even Yamaha stopped making because it was outdated and nonfunctional compared to newer models. My bad - I forgot you know more than Yamaha and your bike is way more functional than the 2013 models coming out.
Why defend yourself? a bunch of useless hackers that have NEVER built anything themselves? all you punks talk trash all you want, when YOU actually go in the garage with more than a 10mm wrench and BUILD something, then you can spew the garbage with cause. anybody can polish and clean some Japanese bike to there hearts content and act so pompous and righteous.
I personally own 3 of their lawn ornaments and they zip me through the hills without saddlebags and PLENTY of function AND style in spades to boot. yes SAFE too as i don't stay up all nite slamming other peoples hard work and ingenuity. i detect a lot of penis envy on this sight, quit your bitching and if you don't like something, don't look at it! :D

I second that!:banghead:

So keep spouting your unsupported facts ..................... bike that even Yamaha stopped making because it was outdated and nonfunctional compared to newer models. My bad - I forgot you know more than Yamaha and your bike is way more functional than the 2013 models coming out.

Agreed about an outdated motor but here is some supported facts.The motor was outdated and was from the outset, but that didn't stop the Xs650 from being the most successful motor bike ever produced in longevity in years and in sales amount, in the region of 400-500 thousand, and it was up against the Honda, Quacka, Suzuki 4's and still out sold them and one of the reasons the Xs650 was stopped was the XJ line of 4's wouldn't sell and Yamaha admitted killing the XS650 was a mistake. Thought you would know this.

Still relatively cheap to buy so your profit margins on your obsolete and outdated XS650 you make into your bikes would not be achievable if they weren't so plentiful or have such an esthetically good looking outdated nonfunctional motor.

Back