Drain plug gaskets

Sparkyduc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I pulled the drain plugs on my XS2 project and the plugs had 2 different kinds of gaskets. One was copper and the other was gasket material. I looked at pictures on eBay and both were listed. Any preferences between the two?

I pulled the drain plugs on my XS2 project and the plugs had 2 different kinds of gaskets. One was copper and the other was gasket material. I looked at pictures on eBay and both were listed. Any preferences between the two?
Both don't leak? Which do you prefer? The mothership chose copper crush washers.
I bought copper crush washers from Aircraft Spruce. PN AN900-19 They work perfectly at at a fraction of the OE gasket price. Aircraft Spruce ships immediately in my experience.

If the gasket material one you mentioned is that red bakelite material, then those are very good as well, they last almost forever. I've never seen them for sale individually, I've only gotten them in the Athena complete gasket sets. I put one on the rear plug, the fronts are always changing because I have extra sump plate/filter assemblies I swap on. Did you find a source for these red bakelite washers?

If the gasket material one you mentioned is that red bakelite material, then those are very good as well, they last almost forever. I've never seen them for sale individually, I've only gotten them in the Athena complete gasket sets. I put one on the rear plug, the fronts are always changing because I have extra sump plate/filter assemblies I swap on. Did you find a source for these red bakelite washers?
Have not seen any of those. The ones I have seen for sale are either copper (256-15353-00-00) or some that appear to be cork (256-15364-00-00)’. Earlier I saw some made out of the black gasket material but they aren’t on there now

Back