Drive chain question

Inevitable

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So with everything there is for our bike out there. I was curious what some of you would suggest for a drive chain?

I currently have 520 sprockets on my bike and since I have added 4" to my frame I'm thinking I need a 130.

My question is, is there a specific brand/maker any of you would suggest?

Thanks,
Dan

stock chain is 104 links @.625 per link so 104 x .625 = 65" now you're at +4" x 2 (top and bottom chain run) so 65 + 8 = 73 73/.625 = 116.8 can't have .8 link or uneven number so we're at 118 links you could probably get by with a 120 but the 130 is'nt going to be that much more and you'll cut it to size anyway I'd go with a o-ring, easier to keep the bike clean, any good quality chain but not the cheapest 520 won't have the strenght of the 530 so buy a good one ... Renthal, DID, EK, Tsubaki

FYI, Parts Unlimited's house brand O-ring and X-ring chains are made by EK. They are excellent chains. Since you are in Irving, price them over at Bates Cycles #2 in Carrolton. Good folks, good inventory, and you may be suprised what you find for your XS over there. The kids are young but learning, and the older guys know thier stuff. They mount tires and sell VP racing fuels too.

+1 on the Tsubaki. Surprisingly, the Izumi (?) chain from Mike's seems okay so far. 6k and not much stretch, but lots of cleaning and lubing (non o-ring).

Back