Engine Oil plug crush washer

Yamaha Graveyard

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question though after an extensive search of this forum, it also seems to be one that hasn't been asked.
So here goes, where are you sourcing your engine oil drain plug "Crushwashers" ? I have found them with a well known vendor at a Dom Perignon buy in. Any suggestions for a Busch lite budget?

I bought copper crush washers from Aircraft Spruce. PN AN900-19 They work perfectly and at a fraction of the OE gasket price. Aircraft Spruce ships immediately in my experience.
I bought 20 of them and gave half to one of my XS650 buddies.

BTW, I copied my own post from a thread called Drain Plug Gaskets. There are too many ways to describe the same thing. I'm making a good living sorting that stuff out right now.

Last edited:
Advance Auto had them by the oil and oil filter section, copper, aluminum and plastic in different sizes.

Scott
I think they have the same flat copper washers sold by MikesXS and the like. The ones from Aircraft Spruce are a precise fit crush washer. They're more expensive, but not at all the same thing.

I bought copper crush washers from Aircraft Spruce. PN AN900-19 They work perfectly and at a fraction of the OE gasket price. Aircraft Spruce ships immediately in my experience.
I bought 20 of them and gave half to one of my XS650 buddies.

BTW, I copied my own post from a thread called Drain Plug Gaskets. There are too many ways to describe the same thing. I'm making a good living sorting that stuff out right now.
Thanks Marty, I picked up a lifetime supply 5 pack. Now my kids have another thing to wonder what the hell are these for as they sell my stuff off after my demise. LOL

The brown fibrous washer that comes with some Athena engine gasket kits seems to be the very best. I have used one of them on my '76 over and over for 10 years!
Similarly, I've used an aluminum washer repeatedly on my '75. Same with my Honda, Nissan and Mazda cars.
A thick solid copper washer seems to be almost as indestructible.
However, the aircraft supply washers have each lasted me for a few oil changes each. I have a ton of them.

Back