Epic Fail :(

Fyi, here is my new coil mount. I actually ended up utilizing the stock mounting tab on the frame, which I drilled through and bolted one end of the coil to. If anyone has any thoughts on this new mount, let me know :) Again, thanks guys!

Dave

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 138
Photo120421571-vi.jpg

heres my coil mounts. its in the original space now. dont have a pic of that though. they are house ground clamps. find at home depot/lowes. they can be polished too.
Where is your other mount? I had used those first, but thout werent strong enuf for a viberating bike. there kinda flimsy.

My other mount is an original tab that is factory welded to the frame. I don't know if you can see it in the pic. I drilled a hole through it and bolted the front coil mount directly to the tab. Although the rear mount is threaded, I also used an additional nut for extra support.

Ok guys, update for those interested. Today/tonight I got the new Pamco ignition in from Pete to replace the one I idiotically fried by not grounding the circuit properly. And I did my due diligence (not wanting to fry it again, you guys would have been proud). I hooked the ignition up to a separate battery, rotated the engine through with the rotor, spark every time, on both cylinders, at TDC (I checked them one at a time). Then I hooked the entire ignition circuit up, this time properly grounded to the engine, checked again, rotating the engine at the rotor, again spark every time, at TDC on both cylinders. Then I said "well, I'm as ready as ever now" and pushed the choke down, turned the key an kicked it....nothin. So I double checked compression, 135 on both sides. I had the Pamco in the recommended start position, so I thought it must be the carbs. I removed the air pods, sprayed a little starting fluid into the intakes and BOOOM. Roared to life. Hooray! With your guys brilliant help and my inane fumbling, I've fixed my ignition problem, and isolated the now-problem, the carbs. I plan to re-go through them on Thursday, especially checking out the choke enrichment circuit. A) thank you guys for all of your help and understanding as I worked out this ignition thing B) If anyone has any ideas as to "usual suspects" going into my carb re-check (I thoroughly cleaned it, or so I thought, checked float height and proper jetting), let me know. I am running mikesxs pods and mikes 2-1 exhaust. Don't know if that makes a difference. :)

Man that sound was sweet.

Dave

Thanks Beaver :). Ignition is a ok though, just have to go through the carbs it seems :). Especially the choke enriched and pilot circuit.

Back