Finally Finished

epas

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello
I finally finished my xs650-
Of course a build like this you are always going to tweek and make improvements.
Still have to do a tail light but you get the idea…
It is an absolute animal- carb up close and personal- exhaust wide open and and a jockey shift.

Very happy with my part time left over parts build.

Attachments

• E8B31FD7-F145-4DFE-9A73-B7D669F844E7.jpeg
    E8B31FD7-F145-4DFE-9A73-B7D669F844E7.jpeg
    719.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 251F9016-08CE-4F93-903C-B5E3E00A1388.jpeg
    251F9016-08CE-4F93-903C-B5E3E00A1388.jpeg
    749 KB · Views: 163
  • 43549062-F251-4567-B3B6-103DB08A3861.jpeg
    43549062-F251-4567-B3B6-103DB08A3861.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 31EF7EAE-772B-433B-88D5-5E0A06DBC1A3.jpeg
    31EF7EAE-772B-433B-88D5-5E0A06DBC1A3.jpeg
    724.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 420B2DAC-5758-4BEA-828B-AD7870013086.jpeg
    420B2DAC-5758-4BEA-828B-AD7870013086.jpeg
    728.9 KB · Views: 156
Yes Why not .... People doing their own thing ..there is also room for a passenger standing at the swing arm
( Only Joking )

Hello @epas
Congratulations on finishing your build!
Love seeing bikes like this that are so outside of the box. VERY interesting and completely different approaches to numerous modifications that I haven't really seen on these bikes.
The more I look the more I see.

The extended swingarm obviously stands out and the monoshock appears adjustable.
I would be curious about the leverage in that application, how you calculated the linkage as well as how it ultimately responds on the road.
I don't see a rear brake? Personally not sure about that safety wise, and not sure it would pass an inspection.

Suicide shifters are a bit unusual but flipping the suicide shifter to the right is another level.
Surprised that you didn't put the clutch down on the floor but since there are no pedals whatsoever I guess it fits the theme.

The floorboards are crazy but I think my ankles would be scarred hopping on and off.
Not supposed to wear flip flops or chuck Taylors anyway. Besides... chicks dig scars.

The 2 into 1 two barrel is a different take and up in the face makes it a centerpiece of the build.
I'm guessing that is an electric fuel pump feeding it. A scooped filter would look great although velocity stacks would make it even taller.
Curious how it runs and the engines response with those long runners.

I haven't seen any of this before so my guess is you didn't do a build thread?? Be interesting to see how you tackled some of your issues.

I like the build. Appears well done.
Perhaps not the approach that myself or some others would take but there are some really cool ideas that you executed and you should take great pride in bringing your vision to fruition.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Lots of originality! Great rear suspension work.

Do you have plans for a rear brake?

I'd love to see (and hear) a video of it in action!

Last edited:
Hello
Thanks for all the replies
No build thread- im the all or nothing type😆
Yeah the mono from a r6 is adjustable
Rear brake is in the future
She runs great very snappy - still sorting out the carb but good enough to ride
Getting to the v stacks - pic attached
Hopefully this week
Electric fuel pump
Im surprised no one has noticed the throttle- out of everything was 3rd hardest part of the build and probably my favorite

Attachments

• C35D4EEE-18E9-4058-A245-AB62E68CABBC.jpeg
    C35D4EEE-18E9-4058-A245-AB62E68CABBC.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 73
Very cool.
I did notice the throttle but there were so many other things I forgot to ask about it.
You could always do a post build thread if you were so inclined.
Many others on the site have done so. Very very unique. I like it.

Hello
Thanks for all the replies
No build thread- im the all or nothing type😆
Yeah the mono from a r6 is adjustable
Rear brake is in the future
She runs great very snappy - still sorting out the carb but good enough to ride
Getting to the v stacks - pic attached
Hopefully this week
Electric fuel pump
Im surprised no one has noticed the throttle- out of everything was 3rd hardest part of the build and probably my favorite

Had a good look over the bike yesterday.........The build is just different to anything else, original. I noticed the different themes you have going on the bike, and one was your complex throttle using gears, (is the red button a stop switch or the electric start), that also made it into the side-stand and to an extent the foot-boards.

Your suicide clutch lever mechanism looks complex, (how does it feel when changing gears, as in the feel), and that carries over-to your headlight brackets and the bar at the battery. Is that in part to hold the battery down?.

The bike catches the eye. I can see you have put a lot of work and effort into the build. At first glance it could be dismissed as a hack job, (no offense), but understanding what it has taken to do the job, your mechanical skills, especially the throttle and shifting the suicide clutch to the right side and the mono shock rear suspension, stretched swing-arm......Using a double barred car carb is off the planet, buy hey i have seen car alternators on these bikes but thye were a hack job onto the side case... Gotta ask though, where does the carb sit in relation to your body position when on the bike..................... .I gotta say well done.

The calendar is still in the first stage of nominations, people can self nominate their own bikes. Members can nominate 5 bikes each. I have used my 5 or else i would nominat this bike for you............... So do it yourself and i sugest when it gets to the voting stage, (It will because it has/will have been nominated) you do a write up to help the voters choose your bike. The more you engage the better chance you have of getting more votes........Hope you do a self nom, good luck

Ditto on the calendar.
My five are spent as well.
You should indeed consider self nominating. The bike stands out.

Hello
I finally finished my xs650-
Of course a build like this you are always going to tweek and make improvements.
Still have to do a tail light but you get the idea…
It is an absolute animal- carb up close and personal- exhaust wide open and and a jockey shift.

Very happy with my part time left over parts build.
I would like to nominate this crazy build.
What a machine; deserves a month in 2023.

Thanks guys
I am glad to see the positive responses to my build
Anyway almost got the carb dialed in
Will follow up with a post to answer all the questions
And i could have never nominated my self
Happy to see @Adamc did last night

So the red button is not a stater/kill switch
Although that would be cool it is just a 1/2 bolt cap placed onto the shaft that spins the throttle- the shaft was hardened steel and I couldn’t get a nice cut on it
The entire throttle system is a oil pump set up from a car every single piece was machined to make it fit - I attached a close up pic

The shifter is a bit awkward i might cut it down a few inches- it shifts fine just the through is a bit much

The carb comes up to my chest and my arm wraps around it that leaves the open throughs close to my ear for added effect
I cant wait until the v stacks get mounted!!!

The bar at the top of the battery is to hold it down

I always wanted a extended swing arm bike and it sort of went with the overall theme

Attachments

• A7A40D63-23BC-4014-92B4-0EA414092BE5.png
    A7A40D63-23BC-4014-92B4-0EA414092BE5.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
Back