Finally got an all original.....

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Just picked up my all original 1974 TX650A

3CBF1D4B-FB1B-4278-A320-33ED2C0CA5CB.jpeg

I saw that bike on Craigslist, Thought the milage was a miss print.

The original owner kept track of everything in a book. You can tell it was ridden a lot, but was extremely well maintained. I'm going to check the jugs to see it they have been bored/new pistons.

Wow! Very nice!
I have never seen an XS attain such high mileage, you must've got a good one!

Wow Littlebill - great find!! You really had a horseshoe handy on this one.

Great to have you back BTW!

Pete

... nice acquisition ... fancy word for " lucky dog lucky dog lucky dog "... will you be able to remove the inspection yearly stickers on the fork legs.. Ugh :( ......a requirement in your neck of the woods..?
are those Xs1 style mufflers....? they fit very well with nice lines. Look'n forward to Mike's XS cut'n a check to some source to re-pop 74-79 Standard mufflers. We did a 74' in " down under " colors.. a very nice red. The across the ponds bikes got colors and trim we didn't.

remove the inspection yearly stickers on the fork legs..
are those Xs1 style mufflers....? they fit very well with nice lines. Look'n forward to Mike's XS cut'n a check to some source to re-pop 74-79 Standard mufflers. We did a 74' in " down under " colors.. a very nice red. The across the ponds bikes got colors and trim we didn't.

I'm going to leave the sticker on there for now.It adds to the character. My state doesn't require inspections for old bikes.
The pipes are from Mike's but haven't investigated which ones. You can see they are attached to the footpeg arm.

Those nasty stickers (as well as any you find on car bumpers, etc) are pretty easily removed with a heat gun if you've got one. No elbow grease or noxious chemicals needed. If you don't have one, there's still time to flag Santa's attention!

Wow, that's a lotta miles, lol. But, the guy must have been doing some things right to get that far. Still got points? Check the points plate to see if there's any adjustment slot left. That's a good indication of how stretched out the cam chain is. Overall, it still looks relatively oil tight, amazing.

Back