Footrest Damper Alternatives?

ccline746pk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my footrest dampers and wondered if anyone has used something other than the $20 each, ($80 for all four) OEM part (Part Number 256-27414-00-00) or the aftermarket ones from Mikes, ($18 for all four).

I want something that will last (and dampen vibrations) but am trying not to spend $80 on four tiny rubber bushings.

- - - I want something that will last (and dampen vibrations) but am trying not to spend $80 on four tiny rubber bushings.

Hi ccline,
us cheap bastards snip them off of that old rubber garden hose that we haven't thrown out yet and we don't care how long they last because there's always more garden hose.

Hi ccline,
us cheap bastards snip them off of that old rubber garden hose that we haven't thrown out yet and we don't care how long they last because there's always more garden hose.

Hmm, I will have to try that. Or maybe a piece or automotive rubber hose? I would like to have something that will isolate the vibes and keep the footpeg straight as well. Thanks for the idea.

Hmm, I will have to try that. Or maybe a piece or automotive rubber hose? I would like to have something that will isolate the vibes and keep the footpeg straight as well. Thanks for the idea.
Automotive air conditioning hose usually has a lot thicker wall than say heater hose, might have better luck getting a tight fit around the stud and inside the footrest casting. EDIT- packrats like me usually have a box of assorted rubber hoses salvaged from projects, it's no good for a/c, but it does come in handy sometimes.

- - - Or maybe a piece or automotive rubber hose? - - -

Hi ccline,
that'd work or like Pat D suggested, air conditioner hose.
But unless you have some of it stashed away you gotta go BUY that stuff while garden hose comes for free.

Back