Fork Brace Choice - Help Wanted

Limpy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to buy a fork brace for my first Tracker build and I would like your expert advice.

I am considering the Gordon Scott ($55) and the Tarozzi ($100):
http://www.xs650exhaust.com/index.php?p=1_16_Fork-brace
http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/the-Fork-Braces/Categories

Scott's is beefy and I have a beautiful 2 into 1 exhaust he built for me. Great guy and great customer service. The Tarozzi has a much less visible profile so the lines of the forks look cleaner. The prices are close enough to not be a consideration. The Tarozzi is similar in design to the model Omar's sells ($155) so that might be a point of comparison also.

I am German by heritage so Form Follows Function, it has to work first and look good second! I am most concerned about the performance and that can only be determined by your experience.

Is the Tarozzi comparable to Scott's in performance?

Here is a Pic of my project today. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 407
I also have a T-Kat. Everything Grinder said is true about the T-Kat. It is all aluminum, the precision fit is perfect and it is a super secure clamp to work well. I like the look of the Tarozzi but if push came to shove the T-Kat would be the one to hold. Plus the T-Kat is a one man cottage industry and I support that when I can.

Tom

I have a T-kat (or an early version of it) on my old school hotrod "madness". looks trick and I am sure it helps with the glass fender and dual stock 320mm rotors it has on it. Great looking build by the way Limpy.

Final Entry:

I went with the TKat for $105. The decision was based on forged and local vs. cast and foreign. TKat is located in Santa Clara, CA and I am in Sacramento about 100 miles away. The workmanship was great, a little adjustment needed to make it fit but well worth it. Nice craftsmanship and I did a flat black powder coat and it looks really nice. Very solid when installed.

Thanks for the good advice, again.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 695
I too, have a TKAT brace and I'm pleased with it. I am sure the Tarozzi brace functions just as well. Omar's offers one with the same function for those interested.

skelforkbrace.jpg

I have an old ATK from the '80s on mine. Look familiar? Yep, nothing's new these days, just "recycled" ideas, lol .....

ATKForkBrace.jpg

No, I don't think they've been available for years, hence the "clones" out there now.

Just wanted to say that I dig the look, clean bike!

Also wondering how noticeable the difference between just having a stock fender bracing the front end vs with a brace or the brace alone...

Back