Front brake hose on an xs2

nairb

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I might as well change the front brake hose (x2) on the xs2 during its rebuild. Could be done at any time I guess but while its apart ....
I have looked up these brake hoses on the web (mikesxs etc) and the new hoses seem to come with protective springs around the hoses.

Did the xs2 have brake hoses with those springs wrapped around as originals. I have not found any pictures of an xs2 with them on the net.

ta
Nairb

My xs2 doesnt have the protective springs on them and i thought mine were original,the engine breather pipes do have them though,whats the price from mikes xs as i need to replace mine as well .

Its not just mikesxs that does those hoses.... here in the uk I get my stuff from

Heiden Tuning in the Netherlands.

and they look just the same. They also need to be DOT approved.

http://www.xs650.biz/p/28/1660/mo74-cgp3|20=1/#29-6517-brake-hose-upper-xs2

I have not found any other xs2 that show those coil springs..... but they dont look to bad and could always be removed if wanted.

Strange that the old suzuki/honda have not had these added to old brake hoses.

Nairb

The original XS2 from the factory did not have coil springs around the brake hose. However some of the later replacement parts did (with revised part number).

The original XS2 from the factory did not have coil springs around the brake hose. However some of the later replacement parts did (with revised part number).

So they are both correct. We like that.

ta
Nairb

Back