Front Turn Signals

DVLXS78

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello there
Long time lurker but first post.
I have a 78 semi brat style still have original front turn signals on it that I would like to replace with something somewhat classy and small, any suggestions?
They also look like a bitch to remove without snapping them off what is the trick?

Best regards

They are bolted up through the headlight.

Gotta pop out the headlight lense to remove the nuts, the wiring is all in there as well.

There are a ton on options, including just smaller versions of what you already have.

- also LED...helps reduce draw

- and.....welcome

Last edited:
You can trim the stock signals down.
turnsignal005.jpg

Put some helicoils in.
fullcircleallmost005.jpg

You'll stop catching your leg on the rear signal while mounting/dismounting and you'll no longer be a threat to pedestrians.

XS78, I also have a 1978 with small turn signals that I bought from Dennis Kirk. I did make my own brackets. I will post pictures later today. TC

Thanks guys!
Just took them off for the moment, the stem that goes into the headlight is much longer than any of the "off the shelf" turn signals I have seen and it also offers some support for the headlight itself, at this point I am going to continue with the stock headlight so will continue the search for something with a long stem that bolts in.

Back