Fuel T...?

madjap

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey! What do you guys recommend for a fuel T on my BS34's? Mine leaks like a sieve, with a hole in it, that is cracked, and under high pressure. Well, OK, actually the fuel T just weeps fuel, but I want it to STOP! Plan to replace it and wondered if brass(?) or plastic(?) or what brand or...??? What say you? THANKS!

Hey! What do you guys recommend for a fuel T on my BS34's? Mine leaks like a sieve, with a hole in it, that is cracked, and under high pressure. Well, OK, actually the fuel T just weeps fuel, but I want it to STOP! Plan to replace it and wondered if brass(?) or plastic(?) or what brand or...??? What say you? THANKS!

Hi madjap,
there's MikesXS #3G1-14988-00-00
https://www.mikesxs.net/products-34.html#products
I'd also get the link bar screws shown below it.
It says right there that it's only pressed together and if Mikes admits that it's frail you gotta know it's true.
Me, I'd pull the Tee apart and reassemble it with soft solder.
And get a set of replacement rubber ends in case you ain't sufficiently careful with the Bernz torch when soldering.

I wish I had a pic on my work computer but I don't. .... I had problems with my fuel t... order one from mikesxs.... geez... I didn't realize it but I didn't have REAL problems until after I installed the mikes t.... that thing was horrible. leaked bad from the get go.... Hell it kept leaking after I took the damn thing out.

Now Rick at Oldskoolcarbs....bless his heart... read one of my threads complaining about this and he offered to send me one of his t's. It is brass and has O rings on the ends to seal the T and works perfect from day 1. Never leaked a drop.

I know he is out of commission right now but if you can figure out exactly what he uses..thats what you want. I'll try to find some old pics if I can.

Hope this helps. Just chiming in. Best of luck.

.... I had problems with my fuel t... order one from mikesxs.... geez... I didn't realize it but I didn't have REAL problems until after I installed the mikes t.... that thing was horrible....

Hi Evenmore,
Oh dear, that bad, eh?
They look OK in the catalog even if the funny rubber ends instead of o-rings should have made me wonder.
So, madjap, perhaps you should shop elsewhere for a brass T with o-ring ends?

My BS34's were weeping too at the fuel inlets too. I stripped off the coating and replaced it with 1/4" OD clear fuel line about the same length of the coating you had just removed from the "T". It's going to be a tight fit when you press it all together again but it wont leak. Don't let the tubing be longer than the "T" end. I found this tip in the forum somewhere. Good luck

Back