Gear selector/finding neutral

blackapache

blind leading the blind
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help. So my engines dismantled got my cases split. Took lots of photos, got my clymer etc. anyways need a few tech tips if anyone's out there. 2 things really.

Number one how can I tell what gear is engaged when the cases are upside down and the tranny installed what gear is what as I turn the star shaped gear selector clockwise or anticlockwise? How can I tell which gear is engaged by looking at the gears as they turn? How do I know which position is neutral?

Second thing my gear selector feels really tight, it hurts the fingers to turn it as it takes a bit of force, I removed the tranny gears to check the difference but it's just as tight without the cogs in place, in all the videos I've seen the gear selection looks a lot easier than mine, is there something I should check, the springs etc look fine, I haven't removed the outer bracket or the spring etc on the gear selector just enough to split the cases? I'm ready to put it all back together but want to make sure it's all perfect before I do any help would be sweet.

Cheers guys

Back