Goodbye to an old friend

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Well today I said goodbye to a very dear friend ...my classic Porsche 944 S2
Its a funny thing but I usually make up some sort of pseusonym for my vehicles out of the registration plate but this particular Porsche, which I've had for 15 years ,I have never been able to .

My neighbour said he referred to it as f*****g well ie it goes like stink but I could never think of it in those terms so she or he has remained nameless until today.

As the car was driven out of my lane this morning for the very last time I took a picture of the back and suddenly...... like a flash of lighting........ it came to me ...
F433WEL ....................farewell ..........
at last she had a name ...........and with a heavy heart I wished the old girl farewell
farewell 944 s2.JPG

I feel for ya, Johnny.
A sweet sports car like the 944 can become a part of the family after so many years.
.....and like a pair of well worn-in driving gloves.

I distinctly remember the sad day I finally sold my '88 Mazda RX7 Turbo, a similar car.
Different engine, of course.

rx7_0002.small.jpg

A sad moment.

On the bright side, you now have cash to spend on your XS!

EXACTLY ! .... :) I already have a loooooong list of things I want to buy for the XS650 and my 64 Lambretta :D
Plus I never again have the repair and maintenance of that particular car hanging over me .. win win :bike:

I feel for ya, Johnny.
A sweet sports car like the 944 can become a part of the family after so many years.
.....and like a pair of well worn-in driving gloves.

I distinctly remember the sad day I finally sold my '88 Mazda RX7 Turbo, a similar car.
Different engine, of course.

View attachment 142956

they do grow on you over the years don't they !.......

I'll miss the refinement and comfort and perhaps that tremendous power occasionally but my mind has already moved on to small cars and electric too .
At 70 yrs I no longer need to drive everywhere with my throttle pedal pressed to the carpet :)

Johnny, a local (and extremely good) plasterer is a restorer of vintage Lambrettas, and would be a handy contact if you get stuck on anything. His name is Wayne Prangle and he's a thoroughly nice bloke.

didn't get a notification for this thread so I missed your post sorry :)

A plasterer AND a classic Lambretta restorer eh ....now that is a useful contact lol.
Is Wayne on the Scooterotica scooter Forum by any chance ?

Back