Handle bar grips - glue or no glue

Wow! That’s pretty specialized! Are you just wanting something to take the edge off of the vibration?
If so, look at a product called grip puppies, a foam sleeve that goes over your stock grips. There are also knock offs of that product. I ran them on my Suzuki V-Strom, which had tingly grips, and I liked them a lot.
https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Puppy-C...=9030152&hvtargid=pla-406164258433&th=1&psc=1
Ordered some Grip Puppy’s from Amazon and put them on this evening using dish soap and water (YouTube suggestion). They were a real bitch to get on. Glad I didn’t try to glue them on because they would have gotten stuck half way onto the existing grips. Lol. Here’s what they look like. The material wasn’t really thick but it sure feels different with the larger diameter. Feedback tomorrow after testing.

IMG_2574.jpeg
IMG_2573.jpeg

Ordered some Grip Puppy’s from Amazon and put them on this evening using dish soap and water (YouTube suggestion). They were a real bitch to get on. Glad I didn’t try to glue them on because they would have gotten stuck half way onto the existing grips. Lol. Here’s what they look like. The material wasn’t really thick but it sure feels different with the larger diameter. Feedback tomorrow after testing.

View attachment 252497View attachment 252498

I think you will like them, I know I did when I ran them on my V-Strom. 😉

First ride with the Grip Puppy’s. The increased diameter although small is quite noticeable. Didn’t like it when I first got on the bike but after 30-45 minutes got used to it. If you had giant hands it probably wouldn’t matter. Not 100% confirmed but I believe they have relieved me of feeling some of the vibration, but not all. A longer ride is needed to confirm this.

I have these medium dense foam grips. I do like them . Caveat
16963812487158871252696618708638.jpg
16963812811536045493934231336244.jpg
I have these gel/silicone on the Red Bike. I like them better. No idea of where they came from. Both went on with with a rubbing alcohol (isoprophyl alcohol) wipe on bars and flush inside the grip.
16963815610304088407540207921230.jpg

Last edited:
Gasoline!
I got to thinking...:laughing:: Hairspray and motorcycles just don't seem right, so I went with Automan's suggestion. I rinsed the inside of the handgrip with petrol, shook well to remove the excess and slipped it on the handlebars. I have now done two long rides and the grip has not moved at all.

Thank you Automan.

I got to thinking...:laughing:: Hairspray and motorcycles just don't seem right, so I went with Automan's suggestion. I rinsed the inside of the handgrip with petrol, shook well to remove the excess and slipped it on the handlebars. I have now done two long rides and the grip has not moved at all.

Thank you Automan.
Yes, I installed Biltwell grips with WD40. It worked perfectly.

Jetmechmarty - I installed some today as well - Biltwell recommend WD-40 in their install instructions and say do not use hair spray or grip glue. They say the propellent in the wd40 bonds the rubber and will be useable after 24 hours.
Regards Ray.

Jetmechmarty - I installed some today as well - Biltwell recommend WD-40 in their install instructions and say do not use hair spray or grip glue. They say the propellent in the wd40 bonds the rubber and will be useable after 24 hours.
Regards Ray.
Well, maybe Bitwell grips are made differently. I tried WD-40 to intsall the rubber grips on my KZ305. That was 3 days ago, and the grips slip around so easly that theres no way you could ride the bike.

I rode 75 miles today in about 2 hours and the petrol rinsed hand grip remained in place. It was cold today so perhaps the heat from my hands did not get through to soften the grip and make it slowly slip off??? I guess I'll know the answer in about 6 - 7 months.

Back