Harbor Freight. Grrrr....

Call HF customer service.

I had a problem there once and they solved it and then some.

Worth a try.

I’ve had some problems with returns before.

Only buy with a credit card now, and if a store sells on eBay or Amazon I will buy it there, not their on line store.

That way there is a middle man to force the return when they sell a garbage product.

Looks like you did good by the PayPal

But that's the problem.... it's "not" glass beads even though that's what it's advertised as....

View attachment 215072

This is what's in the tub.... plain ol' sand near as I can tell. Sand goes for $3.50 a 50lb bag at the local hardware store. I'll be damned if I'm paying 40 bucks for half that amount.

View attachment 215074
Even worse, the health hazard from sand is far higher than glass bead, so that's another avenue. Does the HF manager fancy being sued?

So, got a reply back from the BBB. They simply said "Noted. No further action required." So apparently the better business folk think false advertising is OK. Hmmm....

Got a reply back from Paypal... after a gazillion requests for more info, which I provided, their answer was simply "not a billing issue. Refund denied." Crap.

After I wrote this last week, I called Harbor Freight's customer service line. Their response was they can't help with "in store" issues. All they can deal with are "online" sales. Fuck me.... The guy at customer service took my name and number and said he'd have the district manager get in touch with me. Lovely. :rolleyes:

Well, sumbich if he didn't call me this morning. Explained to him that the (assistant) manager had stated "no returns, no exceptions." I could literally hear his eyes rolling and the face palm over the phone. He said the majority of his business is return customers.... he likes it that way, and they absolutely do take returns to keep customers happy. Told me he personally would deal with the young idiot what told me that, and to please return to the store and see Darin, the store manager.... and with his deepest apologies.

Darin asked if I wanted a refund or the glass beads. I really need the beads, so he grabs another tub. We open it and it's also full of about 2 bucks worth of sand. He apologizes and 30sec later I'm given a refund. :cheers:

So... guess I'll close this thread out. Now I just gotta find glass beads that don't break the bank. :cautious:

Back