Headlight mount

i took a repop harley springer headlight mount from the 40's and reworked it for my mount

Attachments

• yamaha xs650 006.jpg
    yamaha xs650 006.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 244
  • yamaha xs650 005.jpg
    yamaha xs650 005.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 268
  • 10-30-10 001.jpg
    10-30-10 001.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 276
All the ideas and pictures are nice. Thanks
How about the Tail light. I was going with a model T type - to the side but new laws say my Lisc. Plate has to b horizontal, have not came up with a clean look for mounting.

All the ideas and pictures are nice. Thanks
How about the Tail light. I was going with a model T type - to the side but new laws say my Lisc. Plate has to b horizontal, have not came up with a clean look for mounting.

I removed the stock taillight. Then I trimmed the fat around the edges of the bracket (to match the contour of the Model A taillight). And then welded the taillight to the stock bracket. Picture doesn't do it justice (to me). Maybe you could do something similar with a Model T taillight?... Anyways - Keeps the Cop'ers happy, and give my rear a nice tight look.

Attachments

• 001 (75x100).jpg
    001 (75x100).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 460
I removed the stock taillight. Then I trimmed the fat around the edges of the bracket (to match the contour of the Model A taillight). And then welded the taillight to the stock bracket. Picture doesn't do it justice (to me). Maybe you could do something similar with a Model T taillight?... Anyways - Keeps the Cop'ers happy, and give my rear a nice tight look.

...sorry heres a bigger picture (i hope)

Attachments

• 001 (480x640).jpg
    001 (480x640).jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 221
A harley top motor mount works great. Just drill two holes to mount. There is also a nut welded where the bushing goes that you need to drill through for the light.
Ten bucks from a local harley pull apart shop.
You can cut the ears off for a cleaner look. I'm keeping them for the moment to mount a bag underneath the light.
Its rock solid with no vibration whatsoever.
headlightmount2.jpg

headlightmount1.jpg

I like my light high though as I mounted my tank up high as well.

This is a pretty old thread you are bumping so I'm guessing no. For the bracket you can get a powdercoated black one for about $10 made by TC Bros and a chopper style headlight from tons of different places for $30-60 dollars depending on the style, color and finish.

Back