Heritage Special Lower Side covers

All fair comments. I bought a lot of parts from the US years ago. would buy stuff i didn't need, (top up an International Priority Box, 20 kilos, in those days, for up to $60.00 postage), on top of what i wanted for myself. Would on sell the extra parts, that would pay for most of my part and shipping. The parts i sold locally were cheaper than they could be bought locally or if someone wanted to buy from the States including postage.

Before i got into buying from the States, i wanted to get a nice set of headlight bucket ears for an 80SG. Rang Geoffs and told him what i wanted, and stipulated i wanted a good pair and was prepared to pay for a good pair. $70 was the agreed price. Not a dent in them and they looked good till the sun shone on them, Rust under the chrome that looked like someone had covered them with Pepper. Sure he is in the business, but selling substandard parts for top $ meant he lost out on potentially $1000s as i did end up going the Fleecbay/US and Europe/Canada so i wouldn't get ripped off locally

When the 750 kits first came out and Mikes had them on Special as an introductory offer. I bought 3 kits sold 2 for 100 less than anyone else could buy them for, made a couple of $s meaning i got my 750 kitt for around $400Aus at the time.

I got a part cheap, the buyer, i sold to, got their part cheap, so all were happy.

As for giving away a $150.00NZ, (extra rare in NZ) side-cover part, (still cheap), when the builder is raising a young family, paying off a mortgage, that $150 goes along way toward the build.

As for me i gave away a $8,000 bike, kinda an air-loom but still that is what it was worth in original condition.

Last edited:
Is that Uncle Fester on the keys?
Good eye. Yes, it is.
I saw "High School Confidential," the movie that clip is from, years ago. I don't remember much about it, except that it was entertaining. Its available for free on YouTube.
That clip is the best Beat poem ever. I used to be able to recite the section about the dog that ate the cat that ate the parrot that would not sing.

Good eye. Yes, it is.
I saw "High School Confidential," the movie that clip is from, years ago. I don't remember much about it, except that it was entertaining. Its available for free on YouTube.
That clip is the best Beat poem ever. I used to be able to recite the section about the dog that ate the cat that ate the parrot that would not sing.
I looked it up. Fester is a heroin dealer in the film, they say. The chick is Phillipa Fallon. A real piece of work, and evidently a bit eccentric... Based on painful experiences I judge dear Phillipa as a very high maintenance adventure, and not worth the fun. I do like the thin ones, but not the crazy ones... I watched the Vietnam era heroin epidemic as a witness...as many of us did...the film lacks verisimilitude...noone is barfing, noone with droopy glass eyes...

The location of the two mounting bayonets is different, not a mirror image.
I noticed that. And I don't know enough about 3D printers to know could you scan the original right side, print it in obverse, then cut off and re-glue the pegs where they belong to make a new pattern for the inside.

Pretty sure the dwindling supply of OEM left side lower side plates will only go up in price, even if there are repros available.

Back