Heritage Special Lower Side covers

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have a fellow who will make these cover plates found on later model Xs Specials. I've had him make replacement rubber-plastic bits in the pass. But to make the molds... etc etc.... he'd need an order of at least 20...... So... how many Special owners would want a set.... I think about $95.oo for the pair. Thank you 😎

Attachments

• Xs side cover plate.jpg
    Xs side cover plate.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 33
I don't need one but curious if he is doing Thermoforming of Kydex (or similar) , RIM or something else for this short run?
No idea as to how he makes them, just said he has to make molds... He made rubber frame munts for my Cb450P a few yrs ago... Nice work.. :)
Yeah someone will have step up, buy a bunch, and ebay them, it'll take years to move that many.

NOT me, ;^)
Me neither .... the mold fees are rather steep 😎

Maybe you need to look into 3D printing.
Have a buddy... retired medical machinist ..... designs implants.... spine.. hips... knees.... they save a fortune on printing the piece... determine if it works and changes.. before going to metal... he printed up a working 5 inch crescent wrench .... 😎

My theory is that one has to come off when you are getting at the tool compartment. Making it more likely to be left along side the road, or on the garage floor.

Last edited:
Well, I can't find one anywhere (other than one NOS @ $225 or so that I lost the link to once I crawled back up of the floor) and one on eBay @ $124 + $5.99 shipping). (https://www.ebay.com/itm/176313693988). I'm not quite that desperate. Am leaving a contract request @ https://replicamotorcycleparts.com. Let you know how that goes. Rights seems to be going at $25 or so, but that's not the one people need.
The $124 cover in the above link -- that was me. It just sold, 12 days after I listed it.
I sold another one August of last year, same price. It sold in just a couple of days.
Sold yet another one May of last year. It was in a little rougher condition, so the price was $10 less. It also sold almost immediately.
That's just what I charge for them and what people will pay. Simple case of supply and demand. If anything, I need to raise my price on them. When something you list on eBay sells in less than two weeks, it often means you set the price too low.

The $124 cover in the above link -- that was me. It just sold, 12 days after I listed it.
I sold another one August of last year, same price. It sold in just a couple of days.
Sold yet another one May of last year. It was in a little rougher condition, so the price was $10 less. It also sold almost immediately.
That's just what I charge for them and what people will pay. Simple case of supply and demand. If anything, I need to raise my price on them. When something you list on eBay sells in less than two weeks, it often means you set the price too low.
Does that only apply to the left side?

Back