How can I use pass button as a kill switch

Austblue

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
G'day,

I just received this in the mail
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...tch-headlight-blinker-kill-horn-12-0041b.html

and I'd read they listed a function as "Headlight Passing/Kill - Yes" but now that I have it in my hand I'm not sure how they set the passing button to run the kill switch.

Wiring code for the switch is as follows:

yellow - low beam
black - horn ground
brown - left signal
green - high beam
brown/white - t/s main wiree
red - h/l main wire
blue - hi beam led ground
pink - horn main wire
dk green - right signal

I'd have thought that the pass button would link power to the green wire so unless I can pull the switch apart and have the wiring re-done but then I'm not certain how that'd need to be wired.

Any tips on this? Thanks.

It may not be a "kill" switch for the motor.
In times past a driver would signal their intentions to pass by winking(off/on) the headlight at the vehicle in front.
I'll admit I'm not familair with the product, but after looking at the product and reading it's description I think the way it works is high/low switched positions with a push function that kills the headlight as long as you hold it?
Is that the way the switch works?

It may not be a "kill" switch for the motor.
In times past a driver would signal their intentions to pass by winking(off/on) the headlight at the vehicle in front.
I'll admit I'm not familair with the product, but after looking at the product and reading it's description I think the way it works is high/low switched positions with a push function that kills the headlight as long as you hold it?
Is that the way the switch works?

If it will kill the headlight, it will kill the engine, just have to wire the correct circuit. Electrical break is an electrical break. Grab a multimeter and measure the resistant in the control unit's headlight pass/kill circuit to see how it functions.

~ Derek

Last edited:
Back