I had a vision...and here it is...

manofsteele

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've wanted to build one of these for a couple years now and I finally did it. I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like since the beginning and now it's done and exactly the way I envisioned. This is my first build, but definetley not my last. I already have plans for the next one.

A little bit about it, it started as a 79 special, TCbros hardtail oil tank and battery box, axed tank, west eagle seat, 7west fender and sissy bar. The paint was done by me except for the scallops, I tried but I wanted them to be done right. I just put in a Pamco ignition and I painted and or polished everything, even down to the Home Depot coil mounts. This site has been a wealth of knowledge and has been extremely helpful along the way. Well enough talk, on to the pics.

Let me know what you think, all opinions welcomed.

nice!! I have the same coil clamps, and had no idea they would polish up that good. I will do that.

Thanks, I found them to be aluminum so I firgured I would give it a try. They came out better than I expected. I also replaced all the hardware with stainless hardware.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I just started working on one for my brother, going brat style on that one.

Yeah, TC bros drag bars. And I gotta add that TCbros are fantastic to do business with, super fast shipping, excellent customer service and they are adding more stuff all the time.

Thanks guys. I finally got the carbs almost dialed in, just a little more fine tuning should do it, stumbles a little starting in first. It's pretty loud and fast.

Haven't really gotten a chance to ride it more than a 1/4 mile or so. Still waiting on the front brake line and I gotta get plates for it. But from the short rides I've been on, it seems pretty fast and nimble. This is my first hardtail bike and so far it's pretty comfortable, but I also have two other bikes to take on the longer rides.

Back