I'd like to apologize for my hiatus

Sonnylynnvick75

XS650 Young Gun
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back on here somewhat, I'd like to apologize for my hiatus. Some may remember me from my cafre build 2 years ago. I was a ritualistic poster and contributor for awhile. This past summer my grandfather who was also my best friend, who helped me build my bike commited suicide. It has been a very hard situation to be apart of and deal with. I find it hard to look at the bike and to even talk about it. I'll be posting again soon it was just a hard situation to face as it still is.

-Sonny

Sorry about your loss. Lost my father and best friend both suicide. Don't let it bum you out. It was his choice not yours. Time to move on with your life and enjoy it.:thumbsup:

Sorry about your loss. Lost my father and best friend both suicide. Don't let it bum you out. It was his choice not yours. Time to move on with your life and enjoy it.:thumbsup:
Yeah, I've kind of gathered it all together and trying to move forward. I'll post some pics soon, When I left off I was building a custom Honda dream 150 which I'll post some pics of.

Welcome back. Im a newish poster, but am always glad to see people stick around even thou projects may be done. Welcome back

He was your best friend and helped you build your dream. I'm sure he loved every minute with you during the build. Look at the bike and recognize and enjoy the love and togetherness that went into it. Don't transfer the unhappy ending to the bike.

Depression is a sickness and it needs to be recognized as such. Generally most people can't recognize the symptoms and if they do they don't know how to deal with it and sadly they will sometimes shun them. Your Grandfathers depression was his burden, learn from it and if you recognize it in others use your knowledge to help. Just a simple question asking if they are ok can be the nicest thing they could hear.

Sorry for your loss

Sonny,
You have my deepest sympathies. I've lost friends to suicide from deperssion. When you pray for his soul, pray "...that he may find in death the peace that eluded him in life." His pain is over, the only tears left are your own. Time does heal, so relish his memory and you can move on with your life. And welcome back.

Back